WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

Marcos

On 4/8/2017 at 2:39 PM, CWardee said:

Quick update! Tried to address the brightness issues as well as adding some varations to the ceiling height. Planning on tarting up these assets and porting them over to Unreal once I've finished this up!

20170408194335_1.thumb.jpg.8a9d4801eaaf939a497aa4197c71d68f.jpg

I would place the ''get out'' text somewhere accessible without a ladder, unless you put one on the ground by the stairs otherwise it just feel out of place. Why would someone write it up there instead of at player level. 

Edited by tr0nic

Typical West Coast church, i was raised in Nantes and this kind of stuff grows in villages of less than 10k inhabitants. Nice job! Maybe the roof/wall transition is a bit brutal? 

I was thinking about something like l'église de Vertou (i let you google image it). 

Nice job

20 hours ago, Jiro said:

Typical West Coast church, i was raised in Nantes and this kind of stuff grows in villages of less than 10k inhabitants. Nice job! Maybe the roof/wall transition is a bit brutal? 

I was thinking about something like l'église de Vertou (i let you google image it). 

Nice job

Thanks.

As stated many times before in this thread, my main inspiration is small villages in Bretagne (and to a lesser extent Normandie). All these villages are in the "Les Plus Beaux Villages de France" category :) and they kept their charming rustic and medieval looks.

For the church, my main references were the churches in Saint Suliac and Le Bec-Hellouin (Saint André).

I checked your reference (Église Saint-Martin-de-Vertou), and while I can certainly take some more reference points from it, the overall architecture is a bit fancy for the small rustic village look I'm going for :). (c'est presque la taille and les ornements d'une cathédrale)