WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

Marcos

That looks pretty awesome for your first environment scene! Not sure if you still plan on working on it, but you could add some clutter props like barrels or so to break up the repeating floor pattern. I like what you did with the wall where you have some random bricks sticking out, that already helps a lot. 

I haven't posted here in a very long time, and I feel inclined to share so here goes nothing!

The first set of screenshots are of a church i'd slapped together. It's all BSP minus the benches and statues.

20170428043827_1.jpg

20170428043236_1.jpg

20170428043226_1.jpg

This is a sci-fi sketch but it's due for a complete makeover. There is a lot of wasted geometry, and if hope it to be a complete map(and I do!) I'll need to refine it a bit. 20170210182735_1.jpg

This is a bunker that I was commissioned to do for a military RP map. There are more screens but I don't want to take up too much space.4000_screenshots_20161120174547_1.jpg

These last 2 are two textures I worked on. They are a mix of samples from texture sites and handmade shapes and height maps.ss+(2017-01-19+at+01.30.31).jpg

Pillar+Texture2.png

Edited by Gale
Bad formatting. Couldn't find a way to put text in between screenshots without editing.

1 hour ago, General Vivi said:

@Gale Looking pretty cool! Digging the strange but huge windows. 

Crap, I didn't actually mean for them to be weirdly huge, but if it works it works! Something to note for the future for sure.

Edited by Gale

4 hours ago, Dillon Beard said:

wtfmate.thumb.jpg.faafa789236ad22e4209504f157b63c8.jpg

I've been trying to sort out the way source handles alpha transparencies for a few days here, alpha test displays an ugly pixelated mess from a distance, while translucent looks nice but it totally ruins the model and renders behind the window frame, idk what to do i feel like I've tried it all.

Does it _actually_ need to be transparent? Seems a light but opaque material would work just as well. Not "realistic" perhaps, but still pleasing to the eye.

12 hours ago, Dillon Beard said:

I've been trying to sort out the way source handles alpha transparencies for a few days here, alpha test displays an ugly pixelated mess from a distance, while translucent looks nice but it totally ruins the model and renders behind the window frame, idk what to do i feel like I've tried it all.

Is the drapery a separate model from the window?