Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

Hello All,

I've been trying to fix my earlier maps when I knew less about hammer and good building techniques but now I am fixing it all and will hopefully release version 3 of the map. Fixing a lot of mistakes I made but I am so happy it's done properly.

RC

aJ0RCJ3 - Imgur.jpg

cbjCGse - Imgur.jpg

CV4oRYu - Imgur.jpg

nerORzx - Imgur.jpg

oOOzD0b - Imgur.jpg

de_lab, temporary mapname. Will be a base in Siberia or somewhere cold where they create weapons and such. Map is still too dark at the moment and somehow the lights are really pixel. I gotta fix that.

20161215163621_1.jpg

20161215163715_1.jpg

de_station tested and well, H4WKLE is working on the design part. Map is way too dark right now, will be fixed ofcourse. 

20161206165450_1.jpg

20161206165350_1.jpg

20161206165327_1.jpg

And as third de_company which should be a clean water factory located in Asia, owned by a Western country. Tho I started to design it and got doubts on the layout, so I may completly change that but got it on a pause right now

20161118163000_1.jpg

20161118163033_1.jpg

Edited by Roald

1 hour ago, Vorontsov said:

I feel like all your maps have this really big potential and it's just the art that is lacking. You certainly seem to know what you're doing when it comes to making layouts.

Yea Art aint may strongest part of mapping and I don't really enjoy it aswell.

That's why I love working with someone else as I am doing on Station currently and I also found a partner for Lab. 

3 hours ago, Roald said:

somehow the lights are really pixel. I gotta fix that.

Set the light_spot "Constant" to 5000 and "Inner (bright) angle" to something low like 0 or 5. Also lower the lightmap scale on the wall brush face to something like 4. Now you're good to go.