WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

Marcos

15 hours ago, AndyW said:

Looks good, maybe a bit too clean! I would suggest to add color-drips and color-fadeings (and maybe some half-footprints) to the floors (just next to the painted walls).

Like in this picture:

Theres always a good amount of color dripping/spraying down to the floor ;)

Reveal hidden contents

graffiti_mar23_2015.jpg

I was extending the graffiti sprays to the floor but the issue became file size. The amount of graffiti planned is going to take 50mb+. I am also creating a lot of custom props and textures that make the file size pretty big.  I decided that needed to reduce map file size, ground effects were one of the things to go. I think when I was trying to calculate with floor "dirt" it goes up to 80mb+ of graffiti files.. I might try to create a generic floor decal that can be repeated, or at least placed in select locations to better sell the effect. That'll have to be towards the end of the map, see how much room I can spare for stuff like that.

15 hours ago, Vorontsov said:

Invest in custom content, all the train looking maps are becoming too numerous in size :)

I'd agree with this @madsenfk

if you are aiming for an operation I think the map is currently missing that 'X factor' required looks wise.

-where is the map set?

-What is unique about this area?

-what can you bring from this area into the map?

I quite like the layout for riverside so it would be a shame for it to end up looking like a slightly more grassy train

42 minutes ago, Vaya said:

if you are aiming for an operation I think the map is currently missing that 'X factor' required looks wise.

It's been more of a learning project actually. I wanted to just finish something rather then scrap the map, which I've done wayyy to much. That's why I chose such an easy theme to make.

I do have 2 other maps planned and that's gonna require some custom content to make.

42 minutes ago, Vaya said:

I quite like the layout for riverside so it would be a shame for it to end up looking like a slightly more grassy train

Perhaps I could make a remake of Riverside in the future with a better theme and better visuals.

Edited by madsenfk

1 hour ago, madsenfk said:

It's been more of a learning project actually. I wanted to just finish something rather then scrap the map, which I've done wayyy to much. That's why I chose such an easy theme to make.

I do have 2 other maps planned and that's gonna require some custom content to make.

Perhaps I could make a remake of Riverside in the future with a better theme and better visuals.

Is Train not grassy enough for you? Here is Riverside, 60% more grass!!!

J/K. Great looking map, I think you should definitely do what Vaya and Vorontsov suggest though, why build another map when you can just add it to this one. Considering the shitload of work it actually is :)

14 minutes ago, biXen said:

Is Train not grassy enough for you? Here is Riverside, 60% more grass!!!

J/K. Great looking map

Thank you!

15 minutes ago, biXen said:

I think you should definitely do what Vaya and Vorontsov suggest though, why build another map when you can just add it to this one. Considering the shitload of work it actually is :)

Well, I'm almost finished with the detailing, so if I changed everything now to a new theme, then everything I've made the past 5 months or so has just been a waste of time (pretty much all the detailing).

It is my own fault that I didn't really listen to the feedback, which I got in the first couple of playtests with like "You should change the theme" and so on. It's been a learning project for the most part,

so I guess I've learned, that every bit of feedback matters in some way or another. Right now I just want a map that's finished, so I can feel accomplished.