After 4-5 matches (everyone want play this map O_O) it's still hard to navigate on the map. I know layout etc, but all areas looks the same. I think walls missing some wooden beam, foliage or some decorations.

2128444867_PIC1DECORATIONS.jpg.1f16b3c28d0a50aa5b3f9cead33b4f2d.jpg

Hard to pick angles because of that. While picking there are no some points that will tell player where he is looking right now. It's hard to describe, but I hope you understand.

And here for some reason website doesn't allow me to upload photos, Valve pls fix... oh wait. I will use imgur instead sorry.

https://imgur.com/a/cbJSx7C

Pls fix clipping on map.聽 聽 聽https://imgur.com/a/UI3y3ie

Nobody was using this path. You can't see much from end, and because of that it kind of useless.聽 聽 聽https://imgur.com/a/HfZ42L5

Very, very, very bad collisions for grenades. I flashed聽my teammates few times before I realized what is happening.聽 聽 聽https://imgur.com/a/GhnY0C9

Everything in picture.聽 聽 聽https://imgur.com/a/uzgEH5y

Maybe add some cool colorful lights (looped rainbow would be cooooooool)聽behinds waterfalls to make visual聽difrences beetwen sites?聽 聽 聽https://imgur.com/a/y2TgJgV

Seriously? How dare you? Loosing the oportunity to聽putting sneaky hide mapcore logo!1!!!1聽 聽 聽https://imgur.com/a/HYeHPGc

Layout seems balanced. Only mid as CT is a little boring. Would be cool to have fights with under mid area players, but it's impossible. Overall great job guys! :)

Pretty looking map! smileD.png.a2cc90390aac8e324b13fc3310c70d0e.png

But it could need more colours to distinguish different paths / areas faster and more easily. Like here:

gif_1.gif.dfc79ee5c57cd59fbdf38a12ae65f336.gif

gif_2.gif.df076766f56cc7a77805ff6375cb2227.gif

gif_3.gif.22a9beb0e1f0938937919346a1751554.gif

I don't like the soundscape on this map.

anubis_feedback_sound.thumb.jpg.ef0a73d6d333ab0ae846416a8a906093.jpg

Edit: I try to explain very short why those constant sounds not fit into a multiplayer fps competitive map.

They may not annoy everyone by its sound directly but indirectly. They produce some kind of stress you may not recognize or it seems you get used to it.聽 But over time this can be聽strenuous and lower your performance and make you more likely to get frustrated. Oh, and those indoor sounds are also not natural which might makes them more annoying / strenuous.

The game itself is demanding on several levels (physically and聽mentally) and can make you frustrated alot. Thats why a map should try to keep the frustration potential and the stress it produces as low as possible. And you can achieve that by not using constant sounds. Off course there are a lot more thing you should consider like avoiding placing stuff on the ground you can get stuck by or pop up while walking on them. = By providing a smooth movement flow. Or providing a positive athmosphere with a good mood by using sufficiently lights and bright and "friendly" pleasant colours.

Edited by Ringel

What can you say, when you have an entry like this... this is just incredible, and a statement to the possibilities of the Source engine even to-date. It feels like Egypt, and the artwork is some of the best in the competition. The amount of work that must have taken this map to completion is insane. I suspect slightly that this map is in development for quite some time, but regardless I think Anubis will end-up being either first or second. The optimization of the map is incredible, and there are no real spots in the map that feel out-of-place.

However, while initially I聽thought Anubis was uncontestably a first-place winner, running in the map currently clarifies one thing that some other maps are much stronger in (for instance, Mustang): You can't ever really focus. Running around, you feel that it's hard to know exactly where to look for, because there's never a prop or detail that gives an indication where connections or angles are. This is quite a strange bummer for now, because it hinders the flow to some extent. It truly is the one and only thing that I feel needs to be worked on at this very moment. I know that readability is an important factor, and this map probably has the best overall color for that, ever. Period. BUT, it feels like Anubis went so far in trying to cather to that feature that the repeated color removes the ability to read or feel the layout comfortably as it stands now.

In any event, when you've achieved such advanced聽progress that you are able to work on that particular aspect, I think that says enough about the quality and sheer potential of a map like this.

Congratulations, and best of luck in the finale聽馃槈

14 hours ago, JorisCeoen said:

I suspect slightly that this map is in development for quite some time

Dude, you can see how this map came together directly in this thread. All of the art and layout has very clearly been made post-announcement of the competition. This is probably the main reason why I love this entry so much, I saw it change significantly as the competition wore on.

Edited by DMU222

7 hours ago, DMU222 said:

Dude, you can see how this map came together directly in this thread. All of the art and layout has very clearly been made post-announcement of the competition. This is probably the main reason why I love this entry so much, I saw it change significantly as the competition wore on.

Exactly what he said 馃槒

Thanks for the feedback Joris, we already are working on it by adding more color to make each area more identical

Well... That pretty much adresses all the issues that I had with the map聽馃樀聽incredible how the map is much more defined now. Congratulations, and best of luck in the finale ;)

A nice nice stuff there.聽
If I may ; I think the light is too hot / saturated if you check how the blue sky is.聽
I still thinking you had a better lighting in your first version before you post-processed it, you had a whiter light which felt more natural and better. You should come back on this IMO ;)

52 minutes ago, El Moroes said:

A nice nice stuff there.聽
If I may ; I think the light is too hot / saturated if you check how the blue sky is.聽
I still thinking you had a better lighting in your first version before you post-processed it, you had a whiter light which felt more natural and better. You should come back on this IMO ;)

Good point. I made the sun more orange initially to try and bring some more color to the map because our textures were聽a bit washed out. Jakuza ended up just recoloring all of the textures. The lighting can now聽go back to the first, more accurate style for sure.

Anubis update:聽https://imgur.com/a/UwsSpb6聽(album)
- moved T spawn to the left to decrease their timing into midle and canal
- removed the grenade teleport on B and visually blocked the skybox brush
- removed the boost on B
- add a double door and some extra cover on midle
- removed the sneaky corner on A main
- moved the pillar on A short and added a broken wall to provide more solid structures and more devined areas and angles
- simplified A upper by removing the plant box
- some visual updates

(double door is a experiment, will reskin/rework it to be less dust2ish)
8a0Rwnv.jpg

Edited by Roald