Overwatch

Mazy

1 hour ago, Puddy said:

Hmmm.... Volskaya and Eichenwald?

You're half right, Eich and Hanamura. Volskaya is my favorite map in the game, it actually solves this problem well: yes, you've got the crazy choke, but you also have a window which many characters can access, you can go over the choke, through it, and you also have the side flank. I wish every map in the game had that amount of options (and we're not talking about that many options...)

I'm sort of fine with Hanamura being broken in that way, because it was the only map like that for a long time, but now there are two maps in the game with the same gimmick. Not a fan. They should do this with all that wasted space, but the hole doesn't actually have to be Hugh Mungus:

KZLhZcv.jpg

Volskaya and Eichenwald have more in common than those maps with Hanamura. They have pretty open gates, with a flight/wall ride flank, plus the window. Hanamura's gate is a lot thinner than either of those two maps, and doesn't have a long flank that's completely out of sight like those two have. However, I feel like all this really does is give an extra disadvantage to disorganized teams, rather than necessarily making the map defense-sided. Because it makes it easier for the defense to accidentally coordinate, since they're paying attention to one door, the attacker team has to actually get its shit together just enough to attack in waves, as a whole team, instead of trickling into the meat grinder. If the defense team gets wiped, they're just as likely to start trickling back in, causing a lot of wasted deaths that are fruitless in protecting the point.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...