Mazy

Overwatch

weskji.png

I'm happy active ultimates drain the meter faster. We saw a PotG yesters where Reaper did his ultimate, got instantly hooked, only lost 3% ultimate charge and then just spammed it out. It's kind of weird the optimal strategy is to let him shoot a bit first... Although I understand how it's also frustrating to activate your ultimate and immediately get CC'd/killed and Overwatch is going for more of a midcore experience. That's right. I wrote midcore.

8 hours ago, Jetsetlemming said:

I got 2599, Silver league, btw. Very disappointed, my season 1 placement was way better :(

This actually puts you in the "Platinum" league (2500-2999). Blizzard needs to clarify these Icons or at least add some UI to show this...

On another note, reports regarding the new restrictions to group play have started coming in. Due to the nature of the algorithm, in that individual stats matter, some players who have played together through all 10 placement matchers are uneligible to continute playing together for their 11th game.

Not going to sugarcoat it, this is the most bullshit game design I've seen in a long time, and might just lead to me uninstalling the game should it not be reverted. I don't see how this has been thought through at all. You can't stop smurfs wrecking lower tier games, what's going to happen instead is that people will reach a tier that they are content with to secure the season awards, such as diamond/master/gm, then they'll tank their account so that they can play with their friends anyway. Or buy another account. Now you've made the situation worse. At least the gold+diamond duo queue would have tried to win for their teammates.

Allowing friends to play together should be prioritized before peoples entitlement to play against opponents with a number that matches their own. Not like they will anyway since smurfs can't be stopped. I solo queue a lot, but I have friends who play occasioanally as well. I don't give a shit if I face a SR 80 player in my SR 70 game, I'll try my best to wreck him anyway. It's in challenge you grow.

9 hours ago, Scinbed said:

This actually puts you in the "Platinum" league (2500-2999). Blizzard needs to clarify these Icons or at least add some UI to show this...

lmao, so it is. These icons are so poorly designed! Silver, Plat, and Diamond all look way too similar, and it took an annoying amount of work to actually find the icons all next to each other to compare. Next to each other I can see how they develop in complexity, but in a tiny little quarter inch box on my screen next to a screen name and without context they might as well be identical.

1 hour ago, Vaya said:

I'd totally pay to watch a full length overwatch movie. IN IMAX.

I'd pay for that as well. Pretty sure my wife would like to see it also, and she doesn't care for games one bit.

7 hours ago, Jetsetlemming said:

lmao, so it is. These icons are so poorly designed! Silver, Plat, and Diamond all look way too similar, and it took an annoying amount of work to actually find the icons all next to each other to compare. Next to each other I can see how they develop in complexity, but in a tiny little quarter inch box on my screen next to a screen name and without context they might as well be identical.

Agree. The SC2 icons do a much better job at showing what is what.