Mazy

Overwatch

The most recent big patch's nerfs to Ana's ult and Lucio's healing, coupled with big offensive buffs to Soldier and Pharah, have made things very rough for healers, especially in Competitive. I swear, people are better at keeping their buddy medic alive in QP, it feels like. I can sleep dart Pro Genjis and Reapers in the face all night long, but there's not a lot I can do against Soldier unless I swap to Zenyatta, and then there's not much I can do against Pharah without Ana. I stick to Ana, because at least people might accidentally shoot the Soldier for me (nobody ever shoots Pharah it seems), but the situation is still fraught with peril and bullshit.

12 hours ago, rosk said:

not touching competitive again, I have no idea why it's 1000 points lower than last season

z44jGbh.png

They found out a lot of people were bunched up around the gold rank I think it was. They've adjusted the ranks a bit to spread people out more.

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20391338

Edited by Beck

When you flatten a bellcurve, people on the left side of the peak will be moved further down, while people on the right side will be moved further up. I was on the right side of the bell during S2 so I was moved up, while my friends who I did placements with were on the left side, so they moved down. You will gain a large amount of bonus SR during your first games though to help with the climb.

I'm really glad what Blizzard did for the season 3 ranks. I thought I've never going to be able to climb to diamond after just constantly getting pulled down to gold from platinum for whatever reason.

I think mostly just because of waves after waves of new players starting from the gold-platinum rank. Knowing nothing of the maps, mechanics and synergies and thus getting frustrated and throwing games, trolling with shitty picks and refusing to communicate.

I'm glad I've finally gotten over those and getting some really awesome matches when everyone is pulling their own weight.

Meanwhile I'm stuck in gold with people who only pick Hanzo or Genji. Or there's the Soldier 72's and McRee's who refuse to shoot down Phara's and people who choose Bastion or Widowmaker on attack. All the while they're screaming at me that I'm not healing them enough because that Phara keeps focusing me and I can't do nothing to get rid of her. :(

Edited by Beck

1 hour ago, Beck said:

Meanwhile I'm stuck in gold with people who only pick Hanzo or Genji. Or there's the Soldier 72's and McRee's who refuse to shoot down Phara's and people who choose Bastion or Widowmaker on attack. All the while they're screaming at me that I'm not healing them enough because that Phara keeps focusing me and I can't do nothing to get rid of her. :(

Same. I was at 2980 last season. This season I'm floundering at ~2300 because team comps just aren't remotely reliable enough to build forward momentum.

7 minutes ago, Jetsetlemming said:

Same. I was at 2980 last season. This season I'm floundering at ~2300 because team comps just aren't remotely reliable enough to build forward momentum.

Think I'm hovering around the same rank. Feel free to add me Ren#2237. Would love to have some Mapcore games to help each other climb.

Playing against or with Golds is extremly annoying lol. They're either trolls, or they think they know better and ask you to swap to mercy cos their hanzo is the shit. There's a lot of Pharah-Mains and Genji-Mains too in gold and even plat. I got to Diamond and the experience is night and day, people communicate, people swap heroes, people ask if it's ok if they risk a Symmetra or some non-meta hero, etc.
I'm enjoying it a lot, so I think i'm going to try to get to Master, it'll be pretty hard but I'm enjoying competitive so much I figure I set some sort of goal.

2 hours ago, (HP) said:

Playing against or with Golds is extremly annoying lol. They're either trolls, or they think they know better and ask you to swap to mercy cos their hanzo is the shit. There's a lot of Pharah-Mains and Genji-Mains too in gold and even plat. I got to Diamond and the experience is night and day, people communicate, people swap heroes, people ask if it's ok if they risk a Symmetra or some non-meta hero, etc.
I'm enjoying it a lot, so I think i'm going to try to get to Master, it'll be pretty hard but I'm enjoying competitive so much I figure I set some sort of goal.

I get so many fucking people asking me to switch from Ana to Mercy when we only have one healer, it's INFURIATING WHY AREN'T YOU ASKING THE HANZO OR GENJI TO SWITCH, FUCK.

Also I played two rounds in QP as Genji this morning, and while it went well, technically (gold elims etc), I hated it because he's just not fun to play by my standards. The shurikens aren't a fun weapon, imo. Guess I'll have to find another solution to the pro genjis

4 minutes ago, Jetsetlemming said:

I get so many fucking people asking me to switch from Ana to Mercy when we only have one healer, it's INFURIATING WHY AREN'T YOU ASKING THE HANZO OR GENJI TO SWITCH, FUCK.

Also I played two rounds in QP as Genji this morning, and while it went well, technically (gold elims etc), I hated it because he's just not fun to play by my standards. The shurikens aren't a fun weapon, imo. Guess I'll have to find another solution to the pro genjis

Winston and Mei are perfect Genji counters. Everytime we see a pro-genji, those are usually our preferred counters. (Soldier's good too, but soldier right now is a good all around class)

Did anyone in here got the chance to try Oasis yet? Would be nice to get map feedback from a mapping community! xD