Exotic Places CS:GO Mapping Contest 2019

The following clarifications have been made to the Contest Rules:

Entry:

"If a Contest Judge has previously published a CS:GO level with a participant, that Judge will be fully disqualified from scoring any entry by that person. In place of the disqualified Judge's score, the entire panel of Guest Judges will be asked to rate the entry, and their rating will then be averaged."

Contest Theme:

Relevance to the "Exotic Places" Theme (Exotic meaning it's normal definition as well as "locations seen infrequently in CS:GO")

The following clarification has been made to the Contest Rules:

Pre-Existing Levels:

Rule 4. Maps that were under creation prior to the announcement of this Contest can be entered, as long as a complete map version (layout and any non-greybox art) was not released for public download.

Practical Application of Rule 4 to levels released prior to June 5, 2019:

On 6/6/2019 at 12:06 PM, millo said:

Would I be allowed to submit a map that is publicly available, layout complete and art is WIP.

No.

On 6/13/2019 at 11:19 AM, will2k said:

This is a good time to remind newcomers to mapcore and/or CSGO level design about @jackophant's thread from the 2015 and 2017 versions of this contest.

It has quite the info and links to have a smooth sailing in this contest (veterans can use it as a refresher too :))

Good luck everyone!

Thanks for the mention ?

If anyone thinks it needs to be updated, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Might have to see what I can still do for this and then leave it to rot in the workshop for 10 years ?

Good luck everyone ?

@jackophant long time, no see :). Hope all is well on your side. Good luck with your entry.

Might want to look at the radar creation part of your thread and include the new panorama changes. Nothing urgent, just to keep in mind :)

I would also like to bring the attention of newcomers (and veterans alike) to another thread that will prove useful during your project's lifetime for this contest.

@El_Exodus thread from the 2017 contest era

Good luck everyone, you have most of the ammo you need :)

I'm currently designing a Coop-Strike map, but would like to create a separate branch with an altered layout (some sightlines closed off, some passageways changed, etc.) and submit it as a hostage map for the contest. Would I be allowed to do this? (The map currently has not been released to the public in any form)

Also, if I were to submit the hostage version as part of the contest, would I be allowed to later release the Coop-Strike version on the workshop as its own completely separate thing while the contest is still ongoing?

Edited by Moffein
Clarification

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I got big things happening at work, meanwhile I'm still scrambling to work on Opal on the side and I can't interrupt the project, so I won't be able to participate in this one I'm afraid!

Looks exciting though!! Good luck to all participants, and Thank you MC staff for putting this together!

Edit: Commas are important 

Edited by MikeGon

Would sci-fi themes be deemed eligible? 

Hey everyone, I've never made a cs go map or even played cs go, but i love design contests and might be participating. I am a Forger and Unity probuilder hobbyist, so i have a lot of experience with level design and i think my smarts will translate over... 

Would there be anyone here that would be willing to coach me along the way, so far as using the hammer editor and importing stuff? 

@zastels Everyone will have the same amount of time to work on their map given a deadline extension. Even though its not ideal it is certainly not unfair. Also, why would judges attempt to reach out to hundreds of people, some inactive just to reach the inevitable result of "no extension" because you voted no? Don't you even think there is a logistical reason behind extensions, or are they just out there to get you? Maybe place a few brushes in an empty level and the rules will actually matter to you ?‍♂️

@Soldat Du Christ I didn't see any rules about it, but in the Anders video he said, fresh, new , and exotic so I guess you are the judge. Maybe pm a mod?

• 3 weeks later...