Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

e-freak

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 13/09/2016 at 7:00 AM, laminutederire said:

A good example of what you're trying to express might be how people jumping all over the place and only doing that are ban from heads hit only death match, since it's damn annoying to get those headshots, and they don't necessarily shoot you back, so they're just exploiting something that is there for a reason, that people could do as well but don't do because that's not how the game is supposed to be played even if the game mechanics allows it?

Not sure I completely understand your example, but I guess yes, as a player I would much rather see people constantly abusing glitches banned. Honestly, fuck them.

Don't get me for a stupid though, I don't think I have suggested this should be implemented, I just expressed a wish. Not that it couldn't be done, since they are tracking spam crouching, they could do something like they do for quitters: do a temp ban as soon as the round finishes, bet they would stop if you give increasingly longer bans when you reiterate.

But let's repeat another time for sake of clarity: I think Valve shouldn't have implemented the anti-spam at all, is just another piece of code that can break or get exploited. I would have rather seen changed the behavior of crouching (back to the way 1.6 was). Stamina is not part of the CS DNA, is contradicting other game principles, so I think should not be there.

Well I'm glad you have zero say in that process. Fuck them is not enough of a reason :D. It's like me playing and without realizing doing this parkour crouch jump, having no idea what the fuck just happend, you would ban me because reasons. Hmm. Fix the product, and don't punish the players because your product is broken. Period. There are no better business practices than this, doing as you say would be disastrous for the community.

The priority is to fix the bug, not ban players willingly or unwillingly using it.

1 hour ago, blackdog said:

@Vorontsov crouch jumping has nothing to do with spam crouching o.O

There would be nothing to fix if they implemented the 1.6 crouching, by the way, which is what i have repeated enough times already.

Then you have the problem where your actual head is above your camera, the reverse of the issue that everyone had with the game up until last patch, which also feels terrible and unintuitive (just like getting a small hop when you cancel crouching, which makes no sense at all). 

If I were in charge of "fixing" it, I would like to see a spike in inaccuracy while your head is moving down, making the player more likely to commit to one or the other.

My perception is probably wrong, but seems impossible that they can't fix something like height of the camera! Dunno sounds like they had the wrong metrics there.

Forehad and helmet have a volume, I don't find that unintuitive that you think you're hidden but you're popping up a bit. Unless it was incredibly lower.

Another new update was released, more sound updates and in-game items, but sv_jump sounds fun (that's good enough)

Release Notes for 9/28/2016

28 SEP 2016 - cs_blog_tag.png

[GAMEPLAY]
– Replaced accuracy model for shots taken while in the air. See
http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/air-time/ for details. (Thanks /u/SlothSquadron for RC feedback)

[SOUND]
– Increased fidelity and reduced distortion in fire sounds for Famas, Galil, Aug, SG553, M4A4, M4A1-S, unsilenced M4A1-S, and AK47.
– Added unique distant, draw, and reload sounds for Famas, Galil, Aug, SG553, M4A4, M4A1-S, and unsilenced M4A1-S.

[MISC]
– Added Series 2 Pins to available offers.
– Added Bestiary Sticker Capsule to available offers.
– Added Sugarface Sticker Capsule to available offers.
– Added new convar sv_jump_impulse which controls initial upward speed of jumps.
– Fixed watch streams tab to correctly show top twitch.tv CS:GO streams.