Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

e-freak

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, i wanna share 4 zoo maps that i just made, with another zoo maps update. Not sure if should make post here or on sub '3D'. You can download it if you want, from one of the link below:

Size is 112 MB, all 8 zoo maps, choose one below:

-Google Drive: http://goo.gl/etPRsw

-Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tteckdyrl2zjw0k/csgozoomaps.rar?dl=0

-GameBanana: http://gamebanana.com/members/submissions/prefabs/1431894

Posted on Reddit CS Map Makers: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/csmapmakers/comments/51y1b5/csgo_bank_cobble_shoots_stmarc_zoo_maps_other/

Screenshot:

ee.png

More screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/LsDMe

Edited by Furiosa

45 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Why there is a "crouch anti spam" system?

Haven't played in ages but I don't understand why in any FPS you would have to do that check

I thought it was a stamina system, when it gets slower your character is running out energy or something. Plus spam-crouching would break the hitboxes quite a bit.

50 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Haven't played in ages but I don't understand why in any FPS you would have to do that check

Maybe to balance things out in situations like going out of B tunnel on dust2. Some people spam the crouch key to be harder to hit while still being able to shoot.

That's sometimes annoying, but it mostly is in casual when people smoke things randomly and so on, making it harder to have a proper site execution to prevent that position to be op or whatever. In competitive mat he's I haven't seen issues though.

15 minutes ago, rosk said:

I thought it was a stamina system, when it gets slower your character is running out energy or something. Plus spam-crouching would break the hitboxes quite a bit.

It's possible to trick the spam-crouch slowdown by additionally spamming the A+D/moveleft+moveright keys. It refreshes the action and animation for the crouch after you move or something like that. I like to spam crouch while bunnyhopping as well because it kind of breaks your hitbox and wiggles your playermodel all over the place.

Edited by strizzly

4 hours ago, strizzly said:

It's possible to trick the spam-crouch slowdown by additionally spamming the A+D/moveleft+moveright keys. It refreshes the action and animation for the crouch after you move or something like that. I like to spam crouch while bunnyhopping as well because it kind of breaks your hitbox and wiggles your playermodel all over the place.

The beta tries to fix that though! Good news for you !

15 hours ago, strizzly said:

I like to spam crouch while bunnyhopping as well because it kind of breaks your hitbox and wiggles your playermodel all over the place.

Are you actually serious or just trolling?

Roght there is what is wrong with people playing games today.

I wish people knowingly taking advantage of these  bugs could be VAC banned.

At the same time this highlights how shit is the technical base of the game, instead of fixing the hit boxes problem they come up with an additional complexity…

Edited by blackdog

16 hours ago, blackdog said:

It's been in the game for a long time.  It's there so that players can't sit behind an object and spam crouch multiple times while taking pot shots at the enemy.

42 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Are you actually serious or just trolling?

Roght there is what is wrong with people playing games today.

I wish people knowingly taking advantage of these  bugs could be VAC banned.

He's not right you know. Hit-boxes do stick with the model pretty accurately, but a moving, jumping, crouching target is (of course) harder to hit. Though it also makes it a hell of a lot harder for him to hit his shots.

42 minutes ago, blackdog said:

At the same time this highlights how shit is the technical base of the game, instead of fixing the hit boxes problem they come up with an additional complexity…

They are currently fixing the hit-boxes in some ways, doesn't mean that the guy was wrong though. It fixes rotating hit-boxes, not jumping and moving around.

They didn't add complexity with the crouch anti spam, they replaced the old mechanic with a new one.

Edited by Logic

It's ridiculous to have stamina in a game were you can run endlessly, or jump endlessly.

Target harder to hit? Though luck imo.

But in the post they make it sound as the crouch-spam highlights problems with the hit boxes, hence my reaction (from past experience).

And of course it is an added complexity compared to not having it: it's more code – that will be exploited at some point (like mentioned above spam all the other directions – next step another update that monitors that as well?).

Since crouch-spam is something localised to specific locations, then change the metrics and update maps to remove such hiding spots(?).