e-freak

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I absolutely can't wrap my head around how very inconsistently Valve is about this.

You'd think they have some standard rules for this (especially by now) for official maps.

Edited by Squad

1 hour ago, Squad said:

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I absolutely can't wrap my head around how very inconsistently Valve is about this.

You'd think they have some standard rules for this (especially by now) for official maps.

Yeah I've noticed a lot of them, especially on Cobble's B-site. No idea why they don't clip all the way down :S

It's not just the bottom step that isn't clipped. On a lot of maps in the reserve pool, stairs are simply not clipped at all (among other stuff).

It's the kind of clunky thing that is difficult to maintain. Forget to tick a visgroup (or the clip was in the wrong visgroup) and it's gone.

Why spending resources now when they might be busy thinking of a better system in the new engine to which they might be in the process of porting the game?

1 hour ago, blackdog said:

Why spending resources now when they might be busy thinking of a better system in the new engine to which they might be in the process of porting the game?

Because after 3+ years, these issues shouldn't exist in this amount in the first place. Sure, a spot here and there could be missed, cause clipping properly is time consuming.

And that's a lot of hypothetical reasoning you got going on there ;)

On 21/07/2016 at 7:22 AM, Sprony said:

This isn't a quote my reply bit is broken and won't get rid of this stupid quote box.

Right. Now that that stupid quote box has fucked off I can say what I was gonna say!

Valve are too busy making hats and running steam to care about some silly clip brushes on some stairs. Even though it frustrates me immensely when they don't clip stuff properly. Good clipping is the sign of a good mapper :v 

40 minutes ago, dux said:

Right. Now that that stupid quote box has fucked off I can say what I was gonna say!

Valve are too busy making hats and running steam to care about some silly clip brushes on some stairs. Even though it frustrates me immensely when they don't clip stuff properly. Good clipping is the sign of a good mapper :v 

I don't believe it for one second because even in the digital world, I'm in your posts.....

Very interesting. There is a bug/feature currently where reloading does not reset recoil, but otherwise this looks like a much better attempt at changing weapon balance than the previous over-the-top nerf ro rifles and pistols when the R8 was released.

There is also a new McSkillet video where he "leaks" a few of the Operation maps that should be out within the next 2 weeks. Right now he knows of Thrill, Austria, Concert, Shipped & Lite - nothing surprising, but I wonder why Waterfall is not among them.

Seems like I will have lots of nostalgic feelings next operation: Lite with viable tap shooting - 1.6 is back :D

Edited by RivFader
Grammar

There is also a new McSkillet video where he "leaks" a few of the Operation maps that should be out within the next 2 weeks. Right now he knows of Thrill, Austria, Concert, Shipped & Lite - nothing surprising, but I wonder why Waterfall is not among them.

jon snow total

On 2016-08-04 at 9:06 AM, RivFader said:

Very interesting. There is a bug/feature currently where reloading does not reset recoil, but otherwise this looks like a much better attempt at changing weapon balance than the previous over-the-top nerf ro rifles and pistols when the R8 was released.

Clearly unintentional, since they already fixed it :)

36b30ae02ea701f1ba8a66e7b1002b14.png

On 10.8.2016 at 0:15 PM, Logic said:

Clearly unintentional, since they already fixed it :)

36b30ae02ea701f1ba8a66e7b1002b14.png

When this bug was found, there was a post on reddit by someone at Valve that it was intentional change but they will investigate and if resetting the recoil on reload makes sense, they will change it. I guess they just waited what the folks say about it and changed it based on feedback.