Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

e-freak

On 26/07/2016 at 1:26 PM, blackdog said:

What's happening is really really outraging… because of course us, the good citizens feel powerless. What's the alternative, is not like we are gonna build a CS clone that strips this shit…

I have a little bit of trust that Valve will fix this, although as its been pointed out, their priority is low because this milks money for them, more than an Operation I guess(?).

The skins make the money, the operations give the game more longevity, and money to make more money.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, laminutederire said:

In last update notes, in the ui section, it is talked about a smooth change to the next system. What does that mean?

Probably means that they will take things slow and implement updates to the new UI gradually, instead of in a single update. Not sure what's new though :S

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

Probably means that they will take things slow and implement updates to the new UI gradually, instead of in a single update. Not sure what's new though :S

They mentioned nothing was new, at the moment they are converting everything over onto the Panorama UI.

41 minutes ago, Logic said:

34 minutes ago, Terri said:

They mentioned nothing was new, at the moment they are converting everything over onto the Panorama UI.

The new system as they call it could've been a port to source 2 as well as some more dissapointing stuffs :) 

51 minutes ago, Logic said:

Would you call a port to Source 2 disappointing? :?

No no, but dissapointing stuffs like the r8 debacle, updates Making run and gun even more viable etc. Those are dissapointing and they did them all in the past.

Edit: source 2 is dissapointing since it'll probably never come to cs go..

Edited by laminutederire

43 minutes ago, Squad said:

What makes you think that?

Valve isn't taking care of the game enough to make it obvious they want it to last.

That and mostly, Source 2 update will most probably mean a different feel for the gameplay, different movements, slightly different corner peaks, hit boxes maybe, making it different enough for pro players as well as normal player to complaint. Hence they'll want to release a new game to see if it catches on.

That's my theory. I hope I'm wrong, I really do. Maybe the fact they are porting the ui from what it is to the same framework as Dota 2 has could indicate a future port.

On the other hand, people like Tim Sweeney (he should be know on Mapcore I guess, since he's the founder of epic games, or so I've understood) are predicting an offense from Microsoft against steam to gain the place steam has right now. (I'll fetch you a link if you want the details, I saw an article about that recently) if that's true, that means valve has more important things to do, and therefore won't port it

Well CS Source was disappointing for pros, but with hard work and collab with the pros they made CSGO as good as it comes (I personally think it's even worse but I'm no one).

I can't see why they couldn't do it for a porting. They might not call it GO and pass it as a new version? Or rebrand it?

Also the game wasn't even developed by Valve but Hidden Path, are they still on board? Cos I never heard otherwise.

The game wouldn't feel any different after an upgrade to Source 2.  Nothing in the game relies on middleware that will change between engines.  Maybe guns will drop slightly differently because of the change from Havok physics to Valve's own Rubikon physics engine, but that's about it.  

Edited by DrywallDreams