Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

e-freak

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I missed the "paid sprays controversy". Did someone/anyone actually expect sprays not to be monetized if Valve ever even deigned to bring them back at all? Surely those people who don't want to pay for sprays (nb: I have 2 sprays and have paid for precisely 0) can just pretend they're still not available, or is there some game-breaking element to them?

31 minutes ago, text_fish said:

I guess I missed the "paid sprays controversy". Did someone/anyone actually expect sprays not to be monetized if Valve ever even deigned to bring them back at all? Surely those people who don't want to pay for sprays (nb: I have 2 sprays and have paid for precisely 0) can just pretend they're still not available, or is there some game-breaking element to them?

I remember a lot of people on Reddit saying they were willing to pay for sprays and a few people even mentioned they could have limited uses. Nobody seemed to mind the suggestions. Valve did just that then everyone went crazy about it saying they're taking away features which had been free in every other CS. 

The one thing which did make sense was the use of sprays in competitive. People didn't like it since they can be distracting and maybe make you think there's someone hiding where it is actually a spray.

This was mentioned a couple of pages ago, so I'm a little late to the train, but yeah I kinda feel underwhelmed by the latest inferno. It's a good job overall but there's a lot of things that kind of hamper it. Compositionally it's a lot weaker than train and nuke. But in valve's defense they had a larger buffer between and after those maps. Inferno had a smaller turn around time I think.

A lot of additional things that were omitted like phong also really surprise me, especially after including shader support for that on world surfaces. Inferno would REALLY do well with specular on a lot of those sculpted floor normal maps. I also really digged the hand paint spread they did for the main update page unveiling inferno, I would have liked to see inferno with a warmer atmosphere and color palette.

Edited by MrTwoVideoCards

Not too bothered that the sounds were changed for guns, it's fine in principle, but the new ones do feel hard to tell apart and lack a punch.

Aside from that I was browsing through the compatibility list on the workshop for old csgo operation maps and saw Agency again. Always felt like that map was more suited as an official map than some of the maps already on there. Agency for me is what Dust 2 is to most of the CS community.