The random model thread!

KIIIA

My first properly UV mapped & exported model :)

The texture's mostly just detail mask right now, I'm pretty happy w it though so I might just leave it as is

2013634139_ohno8a.png.89dd6278a50e2060e6b3d9a76ca386b4.png

[edit] Started experimenting re-using the bones I already made to construct other exhibits, I'd say it's working well so far - still need to make a decent pelvis template but this ground sloth's skull arguably turned out better than the whale's

render7.png.a96d3289c464ed60a482b20448fbebb0.png

[edit2] got an okayish pelvis now & redid some other parts, split the textures so the skull is its own thing, so I can reuse the same bones texture across all further exhibits if/when I make them. Also, just about now realized whales don't have collarbones - 'learn something new every day every so often I suppose huh

Not gonna lie that really feels like the kind of thing I should have already known but oh well there you go I guess

Edited by ThunderKeil

• 1 month later...

KEfdMYr.png

So this train car was meant to be for my wingman map, but then I got a call from Naught Dog saying they want it for the new Uncharted 5. I guess the map is scrapped now... You'll see this in 2028 when the game comes out. I hear they're planning to use it in one of the big action sequences in the last level.

• 3 months later...

Cool little knife caught my eye yesterday, the Reate EXO Gravity knife
Though i would post some early wip shots (excuse the textures/mats thrown on there, there jst for my own visual dev thing-a-mijig-ary)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/16u1p3fr99x9yk6/Grav_Knife.gif?dl=0

02.png

03.png

003.png

Edited by +Rusty+

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...