Graveyard

another wip from the starboard side, minor adjustments trying to blend the ground and rock together,
the size of some of the palm trees suggest they were seeds 3-4 years ago, add additional 1-2 years for my fictional event at Suez Canal, I'm going to base the hull decay on 6 years fictional wear and tear  

gy_a07_backside_spawn.JPG

21 hours ago, JackT said:

One quick question. Has the layout changed or is it still over sized?

the layout has changed a few times, not making any mega changes now though,
not sure what you mean with over sized...the map takes place on a aircraft carrier, they are pretty massive, the map itself is slightly smaller than dust2 with similar view distances,

its not a corridor map if thats what you mean...

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, JorisCeoen said:

Cool! Are the walls and ceiling still part of the placeholder model (if it is a placeholder at all)?

All interiors are made with the modular Nuke assets, this is how it looks with/without:

bsite_hammer_assets.JPG.5aabaf0c199ccc2a846cb50d0e749942.JPG

bsite_hammer_wo_assets.JPG.074be6856b3bf5a1a2b09bc1c1bf8dad.JPG

This is one of the refs I've used, 

bsite_ref.JPG.11124a1d6c8ce6539e01dcb7bfd710b5.JPG

In contrast to the organic exterior the interior is made up of vertical and horizontal lines with splashes of color 

• 2 weeks later...

When I played the map I had a few concerns

The long outside route towards A was veeery long. It was so long that it wasn't really viable to use apart from some unexpected flanks.

The clipping really made it hard to focus on fighting the opponents. It was often a PvE fight to get in certain places.

Then the timings for B were a tad too quick for CTs as well. You can push out and frag Ts which are still on the hill running up. Felt a bit cheeky

Generally, some areas felt a bit underdeveloped in terms of options. When I think of maps taking place on a carrier, I kinda expect a 50/50 mixture of long range and CQB. The CQB part was a bit missing imo. Even indoors I had that feeling. Your very unique setting for the theme allows to balance the range of battles quite nicely in theory. Outside: Long range, Indoor: CQB. Maybe you can play around with that a bit more

In terms of visuals: Considering the carrier stranded (years ago?), I wish there were a lot more wear to it. Rusty metal, sheets of rusty metal hanging around, scavanged electronics inside etc etc. There's a lot of crazy stuff you can do.

I certainly have to play more so I can give more precise feedback. This is just the overall feeling I've got from that one game.

The map's got a sick theme and I'd love to see it become the best it can be. You got this ?