[CS:GO] de_highlands (WIP)

ElectroSheep

Holy crap, this map is looking fantastic so far. It actually looks readable (player models will contrast well against the environ/geo), which is an issue with some maps in the early stages of detailing.

Layout also looks very interesting. I'm eager to try this map out.

A thing to ponder: will having the Scottish flag prop present limit the chances of it being accepted into an Op? I think Valve is kind of cagey about accepting content with any national iconography on it; they've mentioned they won't accept weapon skins with flags on them, as an example. Trying to think if any maps that Valve has developed or accepted into the Ops have flags in them.

Edited by soultron

I don't know, we didn't think about it as there is an italian flag in cs_italy. Also they took marquis with a perfect reproduction of the tour eiffel wich is probably more iconic than the french flag :D

Ah. Might be worth mailing/getting in touch with someone at Valve on this question. Wouldn't want something silly like that stop you guys from being considered. (Although they'll probably contact you to sort the issue -- if it's actually an issue -- if they want the map, I'm guessing.)

looks amazing. I like the red door because it gives the map a bit more color, maybe you could add more stuff like that? Of course you shouldn't overdo it, just some small nuances :)

Haven't tested the map yet, but the map overview already looks interesting and different.

edit: oh I didn't notice the small trashcans and the blue flag and stuff like that. So you already have some color nuances, maybe a bit more on the houses and the roofs maybe :)

Edited by crowbAr

• 1 month later...