ElectroSheep

[CS:GO] de_highlands (WIP)

The red building is a symptom of another problem imho. The entire map lacks color, so when flashy colors are used it looks jarring. Same way the balloons looks out of place 1 screen above.

I don't think the lack of color is a problem since it fits the theme somewhat, but if more saturated colors were used it would look more coherent imho. Just a thought. I like that bloody building either way.

Maybe to get some more color and happier atmosphere, add some more of those classic woden shops like 'Cashmere' and 'The Villian'.

Add a whiskey shop, tourist shop, some pubs and etc.

Those woden structures match up with the natural stone real nice and gives it a authenthic scottish look. The wood can bring in some nice colors. The green wood with coper/gold details looks really authentic or perhaps red wood with gold letters and etc. 

Spoiler

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor scottish shops

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor scottish shopsGerelateerde afbeelding

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor scottish stores

This might be too much, but u can grab some ideas like the red building on the right:

Gerelateerde afbeelding

Edited by Roald

15 hours ago, Roald said:

Maybe to get some more color and happier atmosphere, add some more of those classic woden shops like 'Cashmere' and 'The Villian'.

Add a whiskey shop, tourist shop, some pubs and etc.

Those woden structures match up with the natural stone real nice and gives it a authenthic scottish look. The wood can bring in some nice colors. The green wood with coper/gold details looks really authentic or perhaps red wood with gold letters and etc. 

Reveal hidden contents

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor scottish shopsGerelateerde afbeelding

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor scottish stores

This might be too much, but u can grab some ideas like the red building on the right:

Gerelateerde afbeelding

This sounds like a good solution to me. I like the idea of making building-specific structures, and perhaps changing the stone colours a bit. Maybe giving the windows a different colour will help, but I am scared it will stand out too much. 

On 11/19/2018 at 2:49 AM, text_fish said:

The fully red wall is silly, and the ageing makes no sense, unless people keep going in and out through the window.

Have to half agree on this one.

I personally love the red wall, but the paint aging seems fairly random. I am by no means an expert on house painting, it's just I feel like the color would have come off in a sort of pattern, maybe something streamy from where water collects and slowly runs down? Some (tiny) streaks along the window rims and (slightly larger) down from there and the flower pots maybe? 

Edited by Freaky_Banana

A site looks a lot cleaner since the last time I played it, nice!  It got flattened out didn't it?

I can't figure out what exactly changed in the first picture though, Do you have a side by side? If not then that's fine of course, I just haven't played the map in a short while so my memory isn't as fresh anymore haha.

I remember the discussion about the red building on this thread, and whether it was a good or bad idea. Now that one of the buildings in Abbey has received a red paint job, maybe inspiration could be taken from that?

It seems to blend in very well, and the theme matches Highlands quite a bit. I see a lot of similarities in some of the stone buildings, so maybe some of its assets could be used?