ElectroSheep

[CS:GO] de_highlands (WIP)

They grey tone of the lighting feels much more real, but I don't feel the sky matches it?

Also, I realise you want testing, but that uber long path that goes past a couple of phone boxes and the red fronted shop (which I'm going to assume is mid), looks really... long?

Either way, great job guys, I've been waiting for this one for a while now! :D

They grey tone of the lighting feels much more real, but I don't feel the sky matches it?

Also, I realise you want testing, but that uber long path that goes past a couple of phone boxes and the red fronted shop (which I'm going to assume is mid), looks really... long?

Either way, great job guys, I've been waiting for this one for a while now! :D

The sky is still not our own sky. It's the idea we want to see in the map so it's still temp.

The size of this path can surprise at first but the map is as big as prodigy.

Yup, and you only see the "sniper alley" of the map in these screens ;) 

Edited by El Moroes

This looks amazing, I hope you make it in time for the contest because this is a serious contender for at least best-looking map.

This map is not made for the contest and even if we wanted to, we can't, but thank ;)

Holy fook, I was asking the other day what was happening with this map, now I know. DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN.

Also I recognise the locations from the whitebox still, so you have done well there.

Edited by Vilham

In terms of crit, I'd like to see more color normalization, sometimes it feels a bit noisy and contrasty right now. Like there isn't one overall tone in the shots, they vary a bit too much IMO

Oooh. I've been thinking about normalizing the last few days. Would you do that with colour correction, or through VMT's? In the latter case, do you know of a relatively pain-free way to batch process a bunch of VMT's or VTF's?

Edited by text_fish

Oooh. I've been thinking about normalizing the last few days. Would you do that with colour correction, or through VMT's? In the latter case, do you know of a relatively pain-free way to batch process a bunch of VMT's or VTF's?

I think the big issue with the screenshots was lighting, they just need a more uniform lighting/control of tonal elements on props/certain textures in order to create foreground and background in the images. I'm very lazy + writing this is easy, but I really need to demonstrate it I think in order to be comprehensible.

aJBd1kM.jpg

vOZ4AR5.jpg

tCLRvXR.jpg

Additional questions: - are the colors the map is using directing to different bombsites? (ex: red for one bombsite, blue for another?)

- is local lighting being used to direct to objectives?

- where are the bombsite navigational signs? how can I figure out where to get to the bombsites?

Edited by FMPONE