Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

e-freak

1 hour ago, Bevielis said:

I didn't exactly even put myself in a position to smurf, before CS:GO puts me at an appropriate skill level I am forced to play against lower ranked players.

11 hours ago, Bevielis said:

even though I trolled my way through more than a half of the matches (sorry for being a horrible person)

:v

If you want to stomp people with lower skill then go play on any casual server, matchmaking is for people who want to play against similarly skilled players

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, clankill3r said:

I like playing against smurfs. You get better when playing against better players.

Anyway, lately I realized that I really miss the 6 second deadcam that we had before. I always loved tricking people after you killed someone. Pretending to go somewhere until deadcam was over to go in the other direction. Now they removed it they removed some depth from the game.

Removed depth from the game? You mean it increased the skill ceiling... Now you have to outsmart the enemy fair and square.

8 hours ago, clankill3r said:

Anyway, lately I realized that I really miss the 6 second deadcam that we had before. I always loved tricking people after you killed someone. Pretending to go somewhere until deadcam was over to go in the other direction. Now they removed it they removed some depth from the game.

You can still trick your opponents, but now you don't have to dedicate 6 seconds to it. Win-win :) 

@Beviels

Essentially, before I get into my response, I want to establish I have a smurf account. I use this account to play with my lower ranked friends, who are not within the 5 rank bracket required to que, unless in a 5 man group. Along with that, I too, have had fun beating other players who are a lower rank than me. However, I dont explicitly search out for low rank players in which whom I am clearly better than due to my experience playing the game. Not all times do I also try at my max potential when I play on my smurf with my lower ranked friends, because it would not technically help them grow, if they were always carried.

With all that said, I feel as if your attitude towards smurfing and the reason it exists as a terminology, and the principle of facing players who are obviously less skilled than you, is silly. Its nothing to be proud of for winning an unchallenged situation. I recommend you stop posting passive aggressive comments in response to users. I say that not as an authoritative figure, I am not one, but as a regular member of Map Core, an environment I would prefer to stay civil. Now having said that, I openly welcome your response to my statement, and I will have no malice or prejudice reading it. 

I am interested in how this will affect betting. I am glad all these scummy gambling sites are finally gone, but betting on matches between adults in a regulated manner should probably still be allowed - just like with normal sports. And it is this type of betting that currently sustains parts of the community via viewership, exposure and - last, but certainly not least in terms of priority for some - revenue generated through betting.

Oh well, we will see. I certainly don't gamble or bet, but it would be a shame if the growth of the game would come to a halt because of a few stupid people who ruined it for everyone else.

Edited by RivFader

You can tell that the betting scene made lots of money for Counter Strike, 

Using the OpenID API and making the same web calls as Steam users to run a gambling business is not allowed by our API nor our user agreements

Steam didn't kick up a fuss about this, until everyone else did... 

Even know everyone at valve probably knew about it

I think that all these betting sites were fine tbh, I agree with the problem with underage gambling but its the parents responsibility to make sure little kiddies don't get addicted to throwing their virtual skins away :P

**EDIT**

I retract that statement about betting sites being fine, seeing the recent events of the steam workshop and some vote manipulation I understand why they gotta go.

Edited by Terri
I was salty that I cant win $30 again

4 hours ago, Terri said:

You can tell that the betting scene made lots of money for Counter Strike, 

Steam didn't kick up a fuss about this, until everyone else did... 

Even know everyone at valve probably knew about it

I think that all these betting sites were fine tbh, I agree with the problem with underage gambling but its the parents responsibility to make sure little kiddies don't get addicted to throwing their virtual skins away :P

Yeah I'm kinda annoyed they tried to claim they didn't profit off these sites, as if the betting of skins didn't contribute to people putting money into Steam to buy more skins and keys to trade with.

6 hours ago, Vorontsov said:

Don't see why everyone is so assblasted, he got placed in his rightful rank after the 10 stompfests. The system works, I think if he were to purposely derank then you could be this upset.

I guess the rest of us read different posts.

7 hours ago, Jetsetlemming said:

Yeah I'm kinda annoyed they tried to claim they didn't profit off these sites, as if the betting of skins didn't contribute to people putting money into Steam to buy more skins and keys to trade with.

Valve isn't completely innocent in all of this, but they made no money of off the trades and transactions on these sites. They probably earned extra cash from people buying skins with the intent to gamble them away, but Valve can't police what you do with your skins after you've bought them.

12 hours ago, Terri said:

I think that all these betting sites were fine tbh.

These sites aren't fine. They are operating under the assumption that skins aren't worth anything, yet anyone that has ever opened up the Steam marketplace will tell you the opposite.

Youtubers/Streamers that own and promote these sites without properly disclosing it are breaking the law, plain and simple.

The whole situation is fucked up. I wouldn't call anything related to this as "fine" :(

Oh, the major… and "related" to the recent gambling talk: recently I saw advertised by one of the biggest companies that manage online betting (and betting "shops" I guess) is promoting gambling on CSGO and DOTA like football.

Maybe is not even a new thing but I was surprised

Edited by blackdog