Half-Life Alyx

Tisky

Just curious, what did everyone write? I wrote two four letter words, beginning in F and C respectively.

Also, it’s interesting to see some CSGO textures and remade HL2 textures in there. It’s a really nice engine upgrade but I dare say if you’re really picky you can see the “optimizations” at work, how surfaces aren’t always meshed out that much, and are just nicely shadered cubes. I don’t think it’s exactly UE4 tier on the low end, on the high end it looks comparable. I also notice that a lot of the materials aren’t substance-driven (hi textures.com decals), not that most players will care, but people like us may notice. /end nitpicking

Great graphics and interactivity, but I couldn't get immersed at all. I don't really get this game. I only got my headset to play flying simulators so I guess I'll just refund.

There's couple immersion-breaking bugs in the game. Do you guys know if Valve is going to be fixing these after launch?
Smooth turning is non-functional so I tried not to use it and I constantly got wrapped in the cables.
Explosions look low-res compared to everything else.
A lot of physics bugs in the first chapter. Kinda let down, I wished physics wouldn't break constantly.
The QZ feels pretty easy so far. I used the jump mechanic to avoid the zombies as I was low on ammo. Is the rest of this game as trivial?

From the forums: The lefty support is broken. That's a shame, can't share this with my brother either.

For me, it's one of the most immersive games I've ever played. 

Just got to:

Spoiler

Don't read these spoilers if you haven't played yet you chump! You've been warned. Real spoilers coming up.

Spoiler

Just got to the bit with Jeff. Holy shit, why is this game a horror game? It's terrifying lol. Such a cool encounter.. I really love what they did with the design and all the mechanics here. Very clever stuff. Now I'm crawling through some tunnels and there are some antlions coming up... god help me.