Games W.I.P Thread

Sjonsson

Oh yeah, I'm not saying get it done right this second, would just be something nice to add to the completeness of the game at convenient time :)

What happened with the spell competition?

Yes but I still think achievements and trading cards as well as statistics and unlockable customizations are a part of the core game design so I believe it's among the top prio stuff.

Oh we're still gonna add the winner spell Magnetic Bolt or whatever we will call it. It's just that we haven't added a new spell for more than six to seven weeks. All time have gone into 'make it work'!

• 3 weeks later...

Hardcore mode? Like some levels are not difficult already :D

technical question: how do you decide on the amount of levels to offer? I know you are using the Unity metrics etc, but it just seems you have loooads of levels, similar to most puzzle games… and I feel that most players just can't complete the game – at least that's what happened for previous puzzle games, despite how much I was liking them (eg cut the rope that is the one I sticked to the most)

Hardcore mode? Like some levels are not difficult already :D

technical question: how do you decide on the amount of levels to offer? I know you are using the Unity metrics etc, but it just seems you have loooads of levels, similar to most puzzle games… and I feel that most players just can't complete the game – at least that's what happened for previous puzzle games, despite how much I was liking them (eg cut the rope that is the one I sticked to the most)

The hardcore mode will be available in the Premium version of the game. We are a company now so... you know... business. 

On the first game, there were about 20% of people that finished the game (so, on a base of over 3M players, it means 600k). So it is still a lot! We received loads of emails from players who wanted to get more levels.   We still have 11k players everyday nearly one year after the game's release. 
But honestly, the difficulty curve of the first one is terrible, our process was shit and I'm not proud of it even if I'm happy with our results. This one is way better: we had a true worflow, a lot of levels review and ietration. It's way smoother. Forget impossible random throwing levels. 

There will be 180 levels for the free version for several reasons: we had a bunch of new ideas with our new gameplay mechanics. But also, we will add few ads in this version so we want you to play and keep playing. 

Edited by TheOnlyDoubleF

Thanks for the insight @TheOnlyDoubleF, yes I can say that the difficulty curve is what put me off, can't remember where I'm at, think like 50th.

Although, to be fair, I'm not mobile gaming at all right now. For some time Fallout Shelter had me but I'm not starting any of the games I have. I'll make an effort to finish the additional levels of Monument Valley and try to get back into Hitman GO, although was annoying at some point I lost my progress (app was removed altogether without me deleting it :?) so… usually when I'm on a mobile gaming friendly situation (underground) I'm reading to catch up with long due books, and on the train if I'm on the phone I'm texting or reading, social networks etc. to the point that the still huge mobile gaming phenomena surprises me, after all I still see lots of people in London, and if they play they play Candy Crush or Asphalt

Hi guys, beside Ultraflow 2 by night, I'm working on my final year project with a team of 7 people by day. Just wanted to show you our first progresses. This is called Feral, it's a hunting game in which you control a wild animal that has to hunt other animals to survive. But you can also be the prey of other predators and be hunted.

I'll try to post a video of the prototype soon to show you what we've done to make you feel like a beast (and it's pretty cool ;) ) 

Key_art.thumb.png.3d76aa835ddc2a37b5084235d2a0a74be700088f47e9d5270a2bee.thumb.j

Ill be blogging about the level design process on Warframe starting today. The idea is to show images of things I have worked on from start to finish and just talk about each aspect in simple straight forward ways. From time to time ill update something here in higher resolution.

Below is the first Warframe related post. :D
http://www.tsu.co/zZCastleZz/100830071

Ill be blogging about the level design process on Warframe starting today. The idea is to show images of things I have worked on from start to finish and just talk about each aspect in simple straight forward ways. From time to time ill update something here in higher resolution.

Below is the first Warframe related post. :D
http://www.tsu.co/zZCastleZz/100830071

Cool! Maybe when you're done, we can compile all parts in one article for MapCore? :)