Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

e-freak

Figuring out the stupid (but not really that broken) spots they used on my own was so gratifying. This map feels so good now, and it forces the CT's to move away from the standard configuration (2a, 2b, 1 mid). Also the rotation speed being nerfed by the noise makes it interesting because walking makes it like a normal rotate so you can choose. Using smokes to change the map and essentially create new rooms is also pretty sick.  Thoughts?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Interfearance said:

Figuring out the stupid (but not really that broken) spots they used on my own was so gratifying. This map feels so good now, and it forces the CT's to move away from the standard configuration (2a, 2b, 1 mid). Also the rotation speed being nerfed by the noise makes it interesting because walking makes it like a normal rotate so you can choose. Using smokes to change the map and essentially create new rooms is also pretty sick.  Thoughts?

New map bad, Tuscan/Cache/Cobble/Dust 1/Aztec good -Very loud people

Im hoping valve will remake the city scape, looking pretty blurry for how close it is.

I have that video in the watch later list, I’m curious.

My thoughts from the one competitive match I managed to play, is that Vertigo is great as Wingman map, but sucks for standard 5v5. The bottlenecks remind me of Aztec. It just seems a big brawling map. I got more kills spamming a completely smoked off A-site than anything lol. 

On 4/17/2019 at 5:42 AM, blackdog said:

I have that video in the watch later list, I’m curious.

My thoughts from the one competitive match I managed to play, is that Vertigo is great as Wingman map, but sucks for standard 5v5. The bottlenecks remind me of Aztec. It just seems a big brawling map. I got more kills spamming a completely smoked off A-site than anything lol. 

Yes, I definitely feel as if they could do away with some connections (e.g. elevator room to mid opening) to reduce the chaotic angle counts. Right now, the whole CT controlled area feels like 2 huge sites because of all the connections. In terms of spamming, there is lots of cover on each site, so that's prolly just players who don't know the map, like most people I faced in mm.

On 4/22/2019 at 5:03 AM, FMPONE said:

played vertigo today. couldn't bear to play cs studying, but today I indulged. vertigo rocks tbh. learned a lot

How?

i feel that if “the best of vertigo” are lol clips, it’s not really viable for pro-matches

I’ve been wondering if Astralis have been skipping the big tournaments because they are preparing this map…

More changes to vertigo. Also congrats @catfood for getting yet another creation featured in the game: this time is Ruby. Hope will soon get to Comp. I don’t understand tho why they’ve already removed Abbey: it’s a very fun map but was quite hard to get to play it in standard matchmaking. Nothing against Workout, but don’t see the relevance of CS maps nowadays, and why are they even available in comp mode.

26 minutes ago, blackdog said:

More changes to vertigo. Also congrats @catfood for getting yet another creation featured in the game: this time is Ruby. Hope will soon get to Comp. I don’t understand tho why they’ve already removed Abbey: it’s a very fun map but was quite hard to get to play it in standard matchmaking. Nothing against Workout, but don’t see the relevance of CS maps nowadays, and why are they even available in comp mode.

More importantly, why was zoo the map that got to stay? That seemed to have the lowest playtime of all 3 maps.

Also good hostage maps make it into match making because they are fun to a large number of people hence the crowd of people that are still begging for Italy and Assault to be added back to match making. Nobody is ever going to ask for Office to be in the Active Duty pool, but it stills a fun map and the MM pool would worse off without it.

Edited by fewseb

On 4/27/2019 at 12:30 AM, blackdog said:

I don’t understand tho why they’ve already removed Abbey: it’s a very fun map but was quite hard to get to play it in standard matchmaking.

Seems like they stick to the 3 months cycle. In my opinion too short. As soon as players have learnt a map and you (the map creator) are able to improve it, it's gone already...

On 4/27/2019 at 12:30 AM, blackdog said:

Nothing against Workout, but don’t see the relevance of CS maps nowadays, and why are they even available in comp mode.

I don't think that the game mode is the problem. It's just that there is not a single map that is good enough. Most of them are just completely imbalanced, or were created when essential game mechanics just didn't exist yet (smokes, molotov etc...). Maybe cs_workout will do better.

On 4/27/2019 at 12:52 AM, fewseb said:

More importantly, why was zoo the map that got to stay? That seemed to have the lowest playtime of all 3 maps.

They (Valve) just look at the play time (all game modes together) and the two maps which are played most stay, the other 2 drop out.

For me (may differ on higher/lower skill rating) zoo had the shortest queue time of those three defusal maps most of the time, closely followed by abbey. But that's just competitive matchmaking. There is also deathmatch, arms race etc. which seem to matter as well after all.

Btw I would love to see some community Wingman maps being added. The currently playable maps are mostly pretty bad imo...

Edited by Radix

16 minutes ago, Radix said:

They (Valve) just look at the play time (all game modes together) and the two maps which are played most stay, the other 2 drop out.

For me (may differ on higher/lower skill rating) zoo had the shortest queue time of those three defusal maps most of the time, closely followed by abbey. But that's just competitive matchmaking. There is also deathmatch, arms race etc. which seem to matter as well after all.

Arms race doesnt use regular maps, also they only cycle 3 maps not 4. Even though Agency is in the game and in MM, it doesnt seem to be counted for the 3 month cycle which is fair, considering it took 4 operations for it to get a semi-permanent place in the game.

40 minutes ago, fewseb said:

Arms race doesnt use regular maps

? Next time I will have to think at least for a second before I write something.

So basically comp + casual + deathmatch.

40 minutes ago, fewseb said:

they only cycle 3 maps not 4. Even though Agency is in the game and in MM, it doesnt seem to be counted for the 3 month cycle which is fair, considering it took 4 operations for it to get a semi-permanent place in the game.

Not 100% sure about this. Maybe workout will replace agency in case more players play it.

Edited by Radix

21 minutes ago, Radix said:

? Next time I will have to think at least for a second before I write something.

So basically comp + casual + deathmatch.

Not 100% sure about this. Maybe workout will replace agency in case more players play it.

Yeah but then workout would have actually replaced Agency, maybe next cycle will be -Agency +defuse map, but for now it seems Agency is immune from removal.