Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

e-freak

On 3/22/2019 at 7:36 AM, Radu said:

I could sure go for a mapping contest right about now. How about you guys?

@blackdog what do you say?

@FMPONE

If I was allowed to use the unfinished grey box I built during blocktober ans never touched since, I might be able to participate.

I’m in quite the IRL pickle tho, should post on the “What’s Happening” topic… was just postponing the inevitable.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out Nadeking's vids. He uploaded the origins of surfing and mirage videos days before Philip as well as including lots of the interviews he gave the creators. I actually thought 3kliks ripped off Nadeking really hard, but it turns out he had the content prepared "years ago". Just because you prepared it and someone beat you to the punch doesn't mean you still release it ?. Also his update readings are getting old. I want more of his experiment videos, those are the best. 

19 hours ago, Interfearance said:

Check out Nadeking's vids. He uploaded the origins of surfing and mirage videos days before Philip as well as including lots of the interviews he gave the creators. I actually thought 3kliks ripped off Nadeking really hard, but it turns out he had the content prepared "years ago". Just because you prepared it and someone beat you to the punch doesn't mean you still release it ?. Also his update readings are getting old. I want more of his experiment videos, those are the best. 

No offense to Nadeking, but hes hard to understand a lot of the time, and his interviews feel very unorganized. Phillip seems to interview by text chat rather then voice interviews, which is better for non-native English speaking interviewees since pronunciation doesn't affect the word said. It also gives them time to think about their answers.

2 hours ago, blackdog said:

Words to live by

"I do not like this man Charlie, his smug mustache mocks me..."

aside from all the things wrong with this mans presentation, what was the deal with the last 2 minutes of the vid when he started cursing out Valve for making this change. He acts as if Valve implemented the Round Loss Bonus change, knowing that it would have no affect. This like every other change Valve makes to the economy, they dont know how much, if any it will actually affect the game. They make educated guesses in an effort to better the game, and alot of the time they dont work out, but they just roll back the changes or change things further to see if they can stll improve the game.

I mean yeah there are obvious flaws with the implementation. The fact that it doesnt cap at level 4 with 3400 dollars, but keeps going up in level for the same amount, there for causing one win to be insignificant to the leveling is pretty bad. You could argue a win should retract 2 levels, not just 1. But this Mustachio'd pea brain with a sad excuse for a soul patch and the most off-shade of green hoodie available to man is taking the results of one tourney as indisputable fact that this update sucked the big guns and should be reverted back, its the exact shame shit reddit users do whenever there's a map change in the active duty pool or Valve goes one minute without implementing one of their asinine ideas.

On 3/28/2019 at 3:20 AM, fewseb said:

"I do not like this man Charlie, his smug mustache mocks me..."

aside from all the things wrong with this mans presentation, what was the deal with the last 2 minutes of the vid when he started cursing out Valve for making this change. He acts as if Valve implemented the Round Loss Bonus change, knowing that it would have no affect. This like every other change Valve makes to the economy, they dont know how much, if any it will actually affect the game. They make educated guesses in an effort to better the game, and alot of the time they dont work out, but they just roll back the changes or change things further to see if they can stll improve the game.

I mean yeah there are obvious flaws with the implementation. The fact that it doesnt cap at level 4 with 3400 dollars, but keeps going up in level for the same amount, there for causing one win to be insignificant to the leveling is pretty bad. You could argue a win should retract 2 levels, not just 1. But this Mustachio'd pea brain with a sad excuse for a soul patch and the most off-shade of green hoodie available to man is taking the results of one tourney as indisputable fact that this update sucked the big guns and should be reverted back, its the exact shame shit reddit users do whenever there's a map change in the active duty pool or Valve goes one minute without implementing one of their asinine ideas.

It’s funny because when he displayed it first, I commented on the video saying he should cut it… and he took the time to reply(!) to say no ?

Anyway i agree with what you said, I always support Valve and I’m happy they experiment. But it seems pretty clear this change didn’t need to happen this time, the mechanic is good for Casual mode, maybe, but from the few games I played in comp is already clear this just causes games to drag out when they shouldn’t, and I fucking have no time for that. If I make a comeback has to be for skills. Also the round differential must have been a parameter in the EXP-score, so this should also affect the already very-diluted skill-progression.

Also what’s this theory that gun rounds are more fun (to watch at pro level)? People just play angles, it’s when they need to gamble on a force that games get really interesting. What’s more exciting than seeing Niko/Simple hit four 1-deag on an eco and upset the game.

I agree that Valve should experiment a bit more, and like you also Warowl suggested, jump two slots when you win again. Also cap the loss-bonus.

I dunno, it’s just infuriating that they implement changes like this and still can’t fix the fucking gun-reset spawn bug in DM, or clip properly the most used maps. Why can’t you surrender a game unless people drop out the game, it’s a vote, if 4/5 say yes I don’t see why not. Etc etc.

10 hours ago, blackdog said:

I dunno, it’s just infuriating that they implement changes like this and still can’t fix the fucking gun-reset spawn bug in DM, or clip properly the most used maps. Why can’t you surrender a game unless people drop out the game, it’s a vote, if 4/5 say yes I don’t see why not. Etc etc.

I dont think mm games would be very fun if people could just surrender as soon as they start losing, ive personally never experienced the gun reset bug on DM can you explain?. Also while I agree on clipping, I dont really expect much considering even after they updated Office and clipped the main stairs, most of the side stairs and crawl areas are still unclipped, its bizarre they dont have an eye for that sutff yet.

Also, nice to see HLTV and Reddit are already having a meltdown about the -Cache +Vertigo change. Best part alot of the players are using the 1.6 version of Vertigo as their reason for why the map shouldnt be in the active duty.

17 hours ago, Ringel said:

Do you also got a hard time picking the right CT model for your map?

The most CT models don't seam to be suitable. The T models are more suitable.

I guess because they could make them wear whatever they want. CTs are based on true units.

They wear clothes who are not made to make them as visible as possible.

The newest model -FBI- does a better job than most of the others.

But they are also not perfect for this game. The upper body is great. But the trousers don't match up.

Valve should make the trousers match up with the jacket. This would help to make them more visible.

For my map cs_tori I could not use the FBI because the trousers made their lower body almost disappear in some areas.

So I chose GIGN instead. Not perfect but ok. All the other models were less visible.

What Valve could also do is to make the models colorable. At least some parts.

This would help to fit them into every map as good as possible.

Some maps need brighter and some more or less saturated or darker colours.

They could also create a new CT model. A private security guard team.

They would have every freedom to make them most suitable for the game.

In real life some of them are very eye catchy like those security guards.
They don't have to be that eye catchy. Would be a touch too much. :D

They also would fit into the world of cs:go.
Because private security guards are heavily used in many areas around the world.

But I guess to improve the FBI model would be fine.

What do you think?

First of all, holy shit could you not with all the the spaces.

Second, CT faction is literally the easiest one to choose, What country if your map set in? In or around France? GIGN In or around Germany? GSG-9. Israel, IDF, The British Isles or the EU? SAS

South America, Japan, Canada or Military bases in America? Seal Team 6

If it set in America is it meant to be a fast response? If so use the swat team, is it crime related or a hostage situation, use the FBI.

You should know where your map is set way before you start detailing it, so that you know which factions your going to be using so that you can detail around their color palettes and visibility.

46 minutes ago, Ringel said:

A private security guard team which are optimised could be chosen for every land and every map if they make them colorable.

Oh and for me it is better to read with that spaces.

In what universe would a private security guard team handle a terrorist situation? 

That said, if readability of a player model is an issue, the map is most likely the problem, rather than any player model.

Any idea why this happens? Restarted the computer, the router, tried logging in the second Steam account I hold... speedtest shows the promised data from my ISP (NowTV fibre).
Thought were the drivers at first, as when I first exited the game I noticed they had been downloaded and ready to update, but even after installing them, same result.

20190416235457_1.jpg.6f7cf54d12053b5c9c3b561a91343c4b.jpg

~

In other news, Astralis lost the recent Miami Blast, with a spank from noneother than MIBR, they played a completely different CS being super aggressive with a bit of gambling in their stacks

This was also impressive, that bomb-drop-block so unreal

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:44 AM, Squad said:

In what universe would a private security guard team handle a terrorist situation? 

That said, if readability of a player model is an issue, the map is most likely the problem, rather than any player model.

You could say in what universe would the FBI, SAS, GIGN send in only 5 people to deal with a terrorist situation? A private security team whilst unnecessary wouldn't be amiss in game IMO.

Regarding your second line I agree, the lighting and textures on a map needs to account for the player models.