e-freak

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

38 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Anyone tried it? I’m decorating the kitchen, which is the only room I can temporarily use the computer, so the table is too messy and I couldn’t be arsed to tidy up just to play last night.

If you liked Blacksite, youll probably like Sirocco, its essentially everything that was good or bad about Blacksites design dialed up to a 11. All those multi room buildings around the edges of the island in blacksite are now several small one room huts with a single entrance and a tiny grenade hole in sirocco.

The military base and its sprawling tunnels leading to empty courtyards are now a Kasbah that it self is a maze to navigate with an entire labyrinth of rat tunnels beneath it that could exit on any side of the island.

That grass area with no cover in between the edge and the center of the island that was pretty hard to traverse, well now its double the length and half the time there is no grass to hide in.

The super Mario boots arnt that useful considering if you poke your head up regularly youll just get sniped, now you're just a target thats higher up

The bump mines are cool, but nobody has used them offensively yet. They arnt that useful as an offensive tool either, since the parachute just lets you negate fall damage and is no longer a 1 time use item. Other items havnt released yet, but I imagine the shield is going to be a huge meme.

The respawn is nice, but also kind of sucks because people will just take pot shots at you while your stuck swinging down the helicopter.

Also since guns spawn with more ammo now, less of the game involves hunting down ammo crates and hoarding it from your squad mate.

Edited by fewseb

8 hours ago, Interfearance said:

I think we need more maps like Agency if they are going to keep the hostage maps in mm. It is competitive, fun, has modern graphics, and is optimized. On the flip side, office is full of dead space and littered with angles outside, not fun to beginners (and even some like me who know it inside out), and looks like it was ported without any change from source. To make it a contender, they would have to rethink the art (it is pretty much all glum office space), remove the snipers nests, remove the dead space like near snowman, and reduce the number of angles to make them controllable. I feel like it has no potential to be fun to me because the layout is so stale, but these changes might help.

Do you think they'll ever redesign office? Hostage maps aren't played competitively and office suffers from a 2/3 T-sidedness IIRC. I like the theme of the map. but not so much the execution. If they do revamp it I think it's likely it'll spend ages out of the game like Aztec has, though.

7 hours ago, His_Disgrace said:

Do you think they'll ever redesign office? Hostage maps aren't played competitively and office suffers from a 2/3 T-sidedness IIRC. I like the theme of the map. but not so much the execution. If they do revamp it I think it's likely it'll spend ages out of the game like Aztec has, though.

Unlikely given that hostage maps arnt going to be used in the active duty and there for they gain nothing by remaking it. Unless they want to set the comp community on fire by adding hostage maps into the active duty, it which case it would be the one they would do it with. 

Largely though, aside from Vertigo I dont think well be seeing Aztec or Dust return, itll be -mirage or -overpass when cache returns. Maybe theyll try cobble again, doubtful though. Id hope we would see the hostage maps remade after they get through with all the Active Duty maps, but I think that once the remake Overpass or Mirage itll be the end of remakes, possibly the end of Valve maps, minus new DZ maps.

Id like to see them throw some community maps into the active duty, but I dont see that happening after the absolute fit the community threw when they added Vertigo.

23 hours ago, Interfearance said:

CUT

At this point I wish they were putting lots more effort on the Wingman mode, it's very fun and offers the level playing field Defuse mode offers. I think it could be a fun complement to the standard 5v5 tournaments.

Could start as showmatch / less money trophy alongside any 5v5, and hopefully grow from there. With all the maps that community has been churning out, it would be easy to give lots of choice.

Maybe the formula could be improved, say like having a "progressive" formula where you playing a different scenario in succession, or you create maps with a certain degree of randomisation to spice it up.

Still haven’t tried the new map!

How many of you young boys did even ever play with the riot shield in 1.6? :D damn I’m old

Valve pls fix, igniting the knife when shield is equipped is ridiculous

Edited by blackdog

The new drone upgrade for Dangerzone is the funnest thing ive ever seen in DZ, the amount of times ive activated the self destruct on it and its forced people out of their camping spots is unreal, half the time people will run up to it thinking its a new crate and get burned by the fire explosion. I also ruined a final fight between 2 of the last squads by forcing one team out of their hiding spot then fire bombing the bridge next to them so they couldn't escape. I though this would be the lamest of the big upgrades but its the best.

Update: https://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2019/05/24172/

Biggest change:

[GAMEPLAY]
– Loss bonus money will now always step down to $2,900 after a team with a $3,400 max loss bonus streak wins a round.

This is a weird description, because it only mentions this specific round and not what happens if you win the following rounds. But I tried it out and it basically means that the loss bonus no longer stacks, but caps at $3400.

Great change IMO!

Today, with CS 1.6 dust2, Valve added a new material parameter, "$pointsamplemagfilter" "1".

It works only with "LightmappedGeneric" and Bilinear or Trilinear filtering.

1 (right) - textures are pixelated (not filtered)
0 (left)  - textures are blurred (filtered)

Bez_tytułu_2.jpg

legacy_d2_crate01b.vmt

LightmappedGeneric
{
    $basetexture "dust2_legacy/legacy_d2_crate01b"
    $surfaceprop "metal"
    $POINTSAMPLEMAGFILTER 1
}

It gives good results with pixel art textures.

Edited by Mamorex

I have mixed feeling about bugs like the stuck bomb, but I’m leaning toward the idea they should reset rounds where the bomb is lost in geometry. They have referees in the pro matches anyway.

NRG resist NAVI in overtime to win 2-0, advancing to semi-final along Avangar.

https://twitter.com/CSGO/status/1170003101782167552?s=20

dunno why I don't get tweet embeds anymore.

~

Next we see if Astralis still can be Liquid's kryptonite, or Liquid will solidify beyond every doubt their status of #1.

Edit: feels good to be right, I did speculate in a comment to one of Thoorin’s videos, that Astralis would be studying Vertigo and come back thanks to that, and in fact they kicked their asses.

Edited by blackdog