dux

What have you watched recently?

On 19/06/2017 at 10:50 AM, Vaya said:

Gattaca and Moon. Two stellar films. More like these please?

You seen Interstellar? And Gravity?

Also, Life is not like it seems from the trailer but still sci-fi-horror fun.

~

i just went through Better Call Saul S3 almost always two episodes at a time. Season finale a bit underwhelming but otherwise I really enjoyed it.

Dunno if I said already but seen Wonder Woman and was a pretty decent movie. Not as good as reviews are saying to me, but a honest 7/10.

14 hours ago, PhilipK said:

Never actually saw this before: Cronos

Non spoilery trailer (it's just a very early scene of the movie really).

Guillermo del Toros first feature I believe.

I always wanted to see this one and I even imported it, but for some weird reason there are no subtitles for the Spanish parts making it impossible to follow the movie. I even downloaded a couple of versions but still the same problem.

7 hours ago, Sprony said:

I always wanted to see this one and I even imported it, but for some weird reason there are no subtitles for the Spanish parts making it impossible to follow the movie. I even downloaded a couple of versions but still the same problem.

Ah that sucks. I found it as a buy/rent movie with English subtitles on Amazon's streaming app. I doubt the library is the same globally but I guess it could be worth a shot in case you have that.

My girlfriend said she wanted to start watching the Walking Dead out of the blue the other day. Normally she watches stuff like Big Bang Theory so this was a nice change!

We're already half way through the second season and it's so much better than the later episodes. I love seeing them savaging, meeting new groups, and dealing with the herds and lone walkers they encounter. So much better than just dealing with a single group of humans for an entire season and a half! 

I imagine she'll get bored after the when Negan or whatever he is called starts to come onto the scene. I haven't seen any of the latest seasons yet myself.

Trying to watch Season 2 of Better Call Saul after finishing Twin Peaks Season 1 + 2..  this is really hard. This is not as good. I already miss Twin Peaks :(

could be the music. I notice BCS has almost no or very little ambient sound 

3 hours ago, FMPONE said:

Trying to watch Season 2 of Better Call Saul after finishing Twin Peaks Season 1 + 2..  this is really hard. This is not as good. I already miss Twin Peaks :(

Those are two very different series. I feel BCS wouldn't be as good if I hadn't seen BB. If you want to watch a more atmospheric/mysterious series, take a look at Westworld.

17 hours ago, FMPONE said:

haha that's so awesome.

The music in Twin Peaks is so good~

On 6/25/2017 at 3:53 PM, PhilipK said:

Ah that sucks. I found it as a buy/rent movie with English subtitles on Amazon's streaming app. I doubt the library is the same globally but I guess it could be worth a shot in case you have that.

But how was it?

I finally got around to finishing season 1 of Mr.Robot. So refreshing to see hacking done well, without a bunch of hokey visual crap!

Spoiler

The whole father "twist" was pretty obvious from the get go because it definitely had a Fight Club vibe about it so I wish they'd challenged my expectations a bit more there.

Looking forward to seeing where they go with S2, and I'm definitely going to download the soundtrack for running.

Well done @text_fish, I didn't get the hints of that twist until later in the season :/

still have to catch up with S2, was thinking of doing that after finishing House of Cards and Better Call Saul.

@FMPONE well they're so different, doesn't make it justice to compare. And I'd say surely the very different tone (comprising music) makes a diff. Play some Alan Wake instead :D or I'd suggest watch something of a different genre/setting cos you're gonna spoil the show for yourself.

On 26/06/2017 at 10:11 AM, Beck said:

My girlfriend said she wanted to start watching the Walking Dead out of the blue the other day. […]

We're already half way through the second season and […]

I imagine she'll get bored after the when Negan or whatever he is called starts to come onto the scene. I haven't seen any of the latest seasons yet myself.

Ahah, I know the feeling!

I think Season 5-6 was a low point, Neegan made the new season much better. But it's likely she'll want to stop watching, especially if she gets attached to a couple of characters like my girl did.

It is probably filler but to be honest I enjoyed seeing the creators spend time making you know more of some single characters.

Even like this they sailed through what's a big bunch of the comics… I would imagine them wrapping up by S10, is not like Lincoln can be stuck in Rick's role forever. For the record Episode 1 in Season 8 will be the 100th episode.

Sorry just edited @Beck

Edited by blackdog

10 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Ahah, I know the feeling!

I think Season 5-6 was a low point, Neegan made the new season much better. But it's likely she'll want to stop watching, especially if she gets attached to a couple of characters like my girl did.

It is probably filler but to be honest I enjoyed seeing the creators spend time making you know more of some single characters.

Yeah she was really attached to Dale, but now they're she's into season 3 she's quickly realising nobody is safe and I think she's stopped feeling sad when someone she likes died lol. I would have thought Game Of Thrones would have got her used to this by now! :P 

On 6/27/2017 at 11:53 PM, Sprony said:

But how was it?

It was alright. At times I got this kind of childhood adventure/mystery vibe which was pretty awesome.

Also features a young Ron Perlman so it's worth it just for that!

It's a little silly and cheesy for sure but it goes well with what this guys is usually doing.

Don't go in expecting something like Pan's Labyrinth tho... Nowhere near that good IMO.