What have you watched recently?

dux

Watched the entire season of Stranger Things over the weekend. I think everyone around me saying how good it was got my expectations too high, but I enjoyed it a lot none-the-less. Got a great 80's vibe from the show and took me back to my childhood again. Lots of fun and kept me gripped even though it was focused around a group of kids mostly. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand all the rave with Deadpool :|
I find it just "ok". I know it's an irreverent character and different from the others, but I found the continuous breaking of the 4th wall a bit annoying, would be ok done sparingly a-la House of Cards. He's not just addressing to the audience but as well at the movie industry, which I find jarring. Humor was good but sometimes they slipped in a joke too much, just to fill.
Also annoying the CG character is a bit too noticeable fake in the action shots.
But I think thing that annoyed me most was the movie flow, that for half of the runtime bounces between the opening action sequence and flashbacks.

Maybe I just ruined it because I was too tired and had to watch it in more than one sitting. But I'm happy I didn't pay for it.

Continuing my catching up, on the other hand Civil War must be the best Marvel movie to date. I can't think of anything better or even equally good; maybe Iron Man had a similar emotional impact, being the very first good superhero movie.

They really outdid themselves balancing and giving meaningful contribution to any hero, I wasn't expecting to see Ant Man giving such a big contribution. Also choreography for Falcon was very good.

I finally completed the Sergio Leone/Clint Eastwood epic Western trilogy by watching the first 2 movies

A Fistful of Dollars (1964)

For a Few Dollars More (1965)

Having watched the 3rd (and most famous The good, the bad, and the ugly) many years ago, I watched the first 2 this past weekend back to back to complete the experience; totally worth it :D