Chlorine

chlorine_thumbnail.jpg.630a9724174f22c2aaa1dcc538c81b43.jpg

Info:

Hello everyone! For the last few months me and @Thewhaleman have been working on our contest map called Chlorine. This defusal map is set in a recently closed and abandoned aztec themed waterpark. The map includes areas that support a variety of strategies and play styles to accommodate every type of player.
My goal with this map was to create a dynamic gameplay space that allows players to execute a variety of different strategies.
Chlorine features two bombsite that are distinct from each other in terms of gameplay style as well as visual direction. Bombsite A is located in the outside area of the waterpark, thus is more open and allows for more complex strategies. Bombsite B features more straight forward approach, being located inside a temple that almost acts as a movie set imitating a night settings with a starry sky.

Overview of the map:

Ora8zVw.png

Screenshots:

20200127193457_1.jpg.d4b07514ed10697436601684ccf81a5a.jpg

20200127194146_1.jpg.3ea0c74cb9bae50e2d5a9657c57cafc3.jpg

20200127194205_1.jpg.98498e07a7e3c2cfff776aa9f821533c.jpg

20200127194219_1.jpg.9d1268e4eb25aa13da8350a9049f6f36.jpg

20200127194529_1.jpg.97c2c0052c70bcd0c38133e32d1dd317.jpg

20200127194452_1.jpg.5f50bdb68b7180c8a252a46f4a3e465f.jpg

r7V2EwM.jpg

gG1Aklp.jpg

20200127194515_1.jpg.73ff4da9f89ad2bea8404923d8f891ee.jpg

20200127194853_1.jpg

Workshop link

Edited by Lizard

15 minutes ago, The Horse Strangler said:

Haven't had a chance to run around the map yet, but I gotta say that I definitely did not predict this being a theme park setting. I think that was a very very weird choice, and not sure how players will compare this to Yanzl's themepark map.

This map doesnt even feel very theme park ish, its like he was going for Aztec then at the last secant decided it should also be a theme park so its not just an Aztec theme. The out of bounds areas and lighting make it seem like its just an aztec temple with random slides and deflated floaties tossed around. Despite being called Chlorine I find very little in the map that goes along with this, theres like 2 yellow tarps and 1 chlorine tank at each bombsite. One of which isnt even in the plant area. There are no signs saying what the park is, theres no trinket stores or food stands. Its just Aztec temple with some water slides and trash thrown on it. 

Honestly if you threw players into the map without any context I wouldnt be surprised if it took them a few rounds to figure it was actually a theme park.

14 minutes ago, fewseb said:

This map doesnt even feel very theme park ish, its like he was going for Aztec then at the last secant decided it should also be a theme park so its not just an Aztec theme. The out of bounds areas and lighting make it seem like its just an aztec temple with random slides and deflated floaties tossed around. Despite being called Chlorine I find very little in the map that goes along with this, theres like 2 yellow tarps and 1 chlorine tank at each bombsite. One of which isnt even in the plant area. There are no signs saying what the park is, theres no trinket stores or food stands. Its just Aztec temple with some water slides and trash thrown on it. 

Honestly if you threw players into the map without any context I wouldnt be surprised if it took them a few rounds to figure it was actually a theme park.

It doesn't feel very "theme parkish" because it wasn't intended to feel like it. It was designed like this from the start and the waterpark theme wasn't thrown in to the mix at the end. There is close to little waterpark signage because we didn't have time for this.

And who said you need to slap clear reason for the map name to player face? I don't see this is an issue.

14 minutes ago, Lizard said:

And who said you need to slap clear reason for the map name to player face? I don't see this is an issue. 

I didnt say it was, Its just chlorine evokes a certain feel that I dont think is presented in the map, dont get me wrong the ascetic is cool I just think it could be cooler with more Chlorine related things. I just think the theme overall could use some more definition. Its way more Aztec then theme park and its very confusing to look at because of that.

A well made theme park is supposed to be immersive, right? Perhaps it could have some more signs and sunbeds and an ice-cream shop or whatever else you'd associate with a waterpark, but overall the art looks great, I'm digging the red + green color scheme. Great work!

Edited by NikiOo