Games W.I.P Thread

Sjonsson

• 2 weeks later...

Finally getting a hang of the new unity UI and animation system.. it's pretty awesome!

http://i.imgur.com/mAbdlGk.gifv

I envy you, that you can have all the creative freedom AND being able to code that yourself. It's a bit of a burden having to wait for a coder to do some things, even the smallest things for you =D Like making space a duplicate unit button in the editor =D

I should learn unity too I think. Or w/e, maybe I should just wait and see what Source 2 has to offer.

hehe thanks guys..

Hipshot: you should definitely try out unity if you wanna give coding a shot! There's a lot of tutorials and documentation to get you started.

Started work on an NPC system... will actually inject little story snippets into the game this way:

http://i.imgur.com/lENHktZ.gifv

Edited by Pericolos0

I second that, Unity awesome for non-super-hardcore programmer types who want to get shit done. Took me a while to wrap my head around the component based approach (was going for almost only inheritance but soon realized it was a bad idea in general for games) and once you get to that proper mindset you can create a game via lots of different components you add onto entities, it's magical.

Secretly announcing on the Core that we're working on an Ultraflow 2. ;)

Ultraflow_2_logo.thumb.png.66c36661358b8

Cool! I saw Ultraflow 1 being featured in the New & Noteworthy category of the German iOS App Store and checked it out. Some of the levels seem to require more of a bruteforce approach than strategic thinking, but it's a neat, little game. I saw that I can skip a limited amount of levels if I get stuck. What happens when that number runs out?

Cool! I saw Ultraflow 1 being featured in the New & Noteworthy category of the German iOS App Store and checked it out. Some of the levels seem to require more of a bruteforce approach than strategic thinking, but it's a neat, little game.

Héhé Nice! We try to reduce randomness for this second one with unbreakable levels and more "puzzle" oriented levels. I put some " " because it stills the ultraflow spirit "puzzles".

We also got few new features that bring a lot to the game! I'll be posting some gifs here in time. 

I saw that I can skip a limited amount of levels if I get stuck. What happens when that number runs out?

"Skips" are given when you succeed a certain number of level. To be honnest I don't remember exactly how many. It could be when finish a chapter are something like that :/

• 2 weeks later...