What's going on with your life?

Thrik

You know how you sometimes just love your brains like a narcissist asshole? (Most of the time not, but sometimes.) This happened to me some couple of weeks ago and whenever I think about my 'invention' I get all proud.

Here it is: I switched the §-key with the Delete-key. Then I used SharpKeys to remap in the Windows registry, link here: http://sharpkeys.codeplex.com/

THIS IS LIFE CHANGING! DO IT RIGHT NOW! BEST THING I EVER DID!

Yes, it will take about a week or two before your fingers truly dance around on the keyboard like ever before, especially when it comes to scripting. But I tell you, when you're deleting a shit-ton of assets in a scene its 100% worth the struggle.

End of rant. 

delete.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like I will be unemployed on the 1st of January. :/ My contract ends on december 31. They would like to keep me but I refused to renew my contract for my sanity. The team is just awesome but enough is enough. I already talked about these problem on this thread, but the bordeness of the tasks I had to do during these last months is the main big reason. I know I won't be able to evolve the way I want to. I need something new, something that challenges me. Of course, it goes with other issues I won't talk about in public.

I still don't know what I'm gonna do though. It scares me a lot.

I quit my job in Vancouver and moved back to Norway because I wasn't happy with my job. It had bothered me for a while and I wasn't able to find anything else and my work permit was running out so I'd be less attractive for new employers anyway so I just pulled the plug, which also means that I left a bunch of great friends and this really rad woman even though our relationship wasn't anything serious. Currently I am funemployed but more like just unemployed because I don't have too much money saved up. I do have a couple of solid leads, 2 of them in the outerwear industry where I'd want to work and the other one is for a company that makes military drones where I am completely under qualified but they somehow invited me to an interview even though my application was honest and 3 days after the deadline...

I just hope I won't be unemployed for too long, not working is almost as bad as working a shitty job.

34 minutes ago, Vaya said:

1st time :) I started learning when I was 17 but didn't really do it consistently until this year. Pretty easy if you focus on it (having a driving instructor for a dad also helps..)

> having a dad

REEEEEEEE

A sad angry Christmas without Steam games!

Motherfucking IT retards! :ubermad: They must have re-installed the original blacklist when working on the network... about last year I already had to ask to unblock Steam (WTF anyway).
Thought was just the usual network fuckup and since I had work to do I didn't pay attention today. Now it's 17:30 on the 23rd of Dec and those idiots must have gone home after breaking this shit, they'll see my email when I come back from the holiday.

In the meantime I can't connect/download for the 5 fucking days that I'm off without any hassle in the world since even the girlfriend is back with her family.
#firstworldproblem but motherfuck I really feel like go in the cellar and pour coca-cola all over the network switches.

Edited by blackdog

One way or another, I always wanted to work in this industry. I've been a part-time journalist for Eurogamer for over a year now, but I'm still not where I want to be. I want to do this full-time. It's good to be eager and ambitious but it can also blindside you. Wednesday I was at an Resident Evil 7 press event. They rented this mansion in Amsterdam and we could play the game for 4 hours. Afterwards, there was a dinner with hired actors portraying the Baker family. Besides normal food, there were also grasshoppers and other things you normally don't eat.

I was sitting there at the table, cracking jokes and drinking beer with other journalists. The Netherlands isn't that big, but all the major players of game websites or television programs were there. Now, this had nothing to do with being starstruck, but imagine sitting next to somebody who's reviews you grew up with or somebody that runs the magazine you grew up with as kid. With people who successfully run their own businesses and people you know from tv. You get the point.

At the time, I didn't realize it. I was enjoying my beer and having a good time. But now, a couple of days later, I realize how far I've already come. I realize that Christoper Reeve was right all along. So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable and when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.