What's going on with your life?

Thrik

Mixed week so far.

On one hand I have done well enough on nexus mods with Scum of the Commonwealth to be upgraded to a recognised mod author status, and I've been doing stupid well with my part time education in business.

But on the other hand, I've been in a creative dead zone and not got much work done with levels. And one of my old teachers became convicted paedophile yesterday, so there was that.

And one of my old teachers became convicted paedophile yesterday, so there was that.

Yea I had that happen to two different people I knew (one guy I'd have considered a friend)

Preeeettty sure the police are now watching me now as a potential link in a ring ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Congrats on the nexus mods thing.

On 9/2/2016 at 5:46 AM, MaikelOrtega said:

I've been crunching at the office for a month straight now, between 5-10 extra hours a day. Sleeping is difficult after spending 19h here,  I'm tired, but can't sleep. All this starts to take its toll on my body, I hope it ends soon. 

Wow, sounds like something you'd find on a terminal in Fallout 4 or Deus Ex. :P Hope everything is all good again! Just finished a pretty grueling (but mostly self-imposed) crunch here too! It's hard once you have a family and kids waiting at home for you... :(

Interviewed to be promoted to manager Monday, been told today I didn't make it, although I was very closed and my boss is super impressed of my preparation.

Why can't he say that himself?

Anyway, not sore because I didn't really wanted it, would have been good money while I find something in IT, for which my applications are of course getting nowhere. But worried cos I've been already told I'll lose the responsibility of organising the shifts. Which is a pain, but I can at least consistently make sure I get the days off when I need, don't want to go back to beg to get them to be able to see my gf.

I just put in my resignation at work and will leave in about a month back to Britanny in France, as while Germany had some perks, my current commute time, work hours, and renovations were creating a whirlwind of stress and lack of energy, and were damaging my relationship with my wife almost beyond the point of no return. I started trying to come up with a plan to be able to move back home with family and friends, and out of the blue a neighbor showed up at my doorstep and asked if I was selling my house. Turns out he owns a restaurant across the street, will retire next year,  and wants the house to turn half of the garden into parking spots for his restaurant, otherwise German law says he cannot rent it and so he'd lose a lot of money over time. So everyone's happy, I don't have to finish the renovations (big load off my back and cuts down on further investments I'd have to make to properly finish it and make it easy to sell), got a good price for it given the state it's in, and 2 weeks after he showed up I've got a contract in hand and am signing it tomorrow afternoon. I'll try to work from home, the area I was raised in doesn't have ANY game companies, but the immediate focus will be climbing back up the hill for my couple and catching up a bit with my kids too. Also being back to the ocean is gonna be awesome, I never really knew what to do with my family around here where there's only forests and hills. The plan is to move back to this area, kinda close to family but still not at the very tip of Britanny where driving to anywhere in Europe takes 5 more hours. photo-635215975877275737-1.jpg?dummy=0&h

47 minutes ago, Corwin said:

I just put in my resignation at work and will leave in about a month back to Britanny in France, as while Germany had some perks, my current commute time, work hours, and renovations were creating a whirlwind of stress and lack of energy, and were damaging my relationship with my wife almost beyond the point of no return. I started trying to come up with a plan to be able to move back home with family and friends, and out of the blue a neighbor showed up at my doorstep and asked if I was selling my house. Turns out he owns a restaurant across the street, will retire next year,  and wants the house to turn half of the garden into parking spots for his restaurant, otherwise German law says he cannot rent it and so he'd lose a lot of money over time. So everyone's happy, I don't have to finish the renovations (big load off my back and cuts down on further investments I'd have to make to properly finish it and make it easy to sell), got a good price for it given the state it's in, and 2 weeks after he showed up I've got a contract in hand and am signing it tomorrow afternoon. I'll try to work from home, the area I was raised in doesn't have ANY game companies, but the immediate focus will be climbing back up the hill for my couple and catching up a bit with my kids too. Also being back to the ocean is gonna be awesome, I never really knew what to do with my family around here where there's only forests and hills. The plan is to move back to this area, kinda close to family but still not at the very tip of Britanny where driving to anywhere in Europe takes 5 more hours. photo-635215975877275737-1.jpg?dummy=0&h

Fantastic to hear that you found a good solution to end your woes. All the best to you Corwin! Good luck with the move!