DE_CACHE (new version)

FMPONE

4 hours ago, PogoP said:

Congrats on the release guys. Looks cool and different to the 20,000 Italy based maps everyone seems to make for this game. Ignore these miserable, pedantic fuckers. This is why I don't check Mapcore very often any more lol

Dont post something to a public forum and get mad when people *gasp* have a reaction to it. I dont understand why you would join an online forum based on giving feedback and reactions, then get mad when people do just that.

Edited by fewseb

9 hours ago, PogoP said:

Congrats on the release guys. Looks cool and different to the 20,000 Italy based maps everyone seems to make for this game. Ignore these miserable, pedantic fuckers. This is why I don't check Mapcore very often any more lol

Lol ? 

Thank you Liam! 

15 hours ago, Le1T said:

Good day.
Nice looking map. Good job!

First of all - English isnt my home language. Sry. But i have to say a few words. Im a mechanic of the HVAC and Refrigeration systems. And i found rude mistakes.

1. In the USSR there were only monoblock window air conditioners. On your map are using modern SPLIT system.

Reveal hidden contents

DcWLa1c.jpg

63GJYhf.jpg

2. Is the condenser of conditioner fixed to the window? Not realistic. It's 40-50kg weight.

Reveal hidden contents

eH2cucJ.png

KC5jPhb.png

3. It is well fixed, but the condenser should be located 50 cm from the wall. 

Reveal hidden contents

NmWiQUJ.png

BUT WHAT DOES IT COOLING? STREET?

Yod5f13.png

No air conditioner evaporator

a8dl3kR.png

If the evaporator is located somewhere in the building, then where are the copper pipes in isolation?

hMeFlHM.jpg

4. The same low montage to the window.

Reveal hidden contents

0gJMEvZ.png

5. Heating radiator. 

Reveal hidden contents

YGLSXxa.png

Сast-iron radiators were used In the USSR.

tU3SYAJ.png

In 1986 a modern water flow regulator with a bimetallic plate? Not real.

xQUhHpi.png

6. The same number plates.

Reveal hidden contents

1YYCUVU.png

VnVwEyQ.png

3xaVV7l.jpg

I solemnly swear to you to make my radiators period-accurate when the opportunity arises :P

15 hours ago, leplubodeslapin said:

what

Guys ok it's nice that you can be so accurate with your feedbacks and I'm pretty sure that they're welcome to improve the visuals of the map and make it more "realistic".

But please, understand that not everybody is an expert in AC, plumbing and in the history of USSR vehicles from decades ago. It's something that the map creators can take into account and change but it's their map, they don't have to change these things to please a community of people.

Appreciate the work applied here and do your feedbacks as suggestions of stuff that could be improved, kindly.

Just my 2 cents :x

I do agree with you that this is their map and they do what they want. But the theme of Pripyat and Chernobyl is not just a thread, but a whole cult.  A lot of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games and books on this game have been released. Filmed TV-series. Organized trips to Pripyat and other. 

You even dont know that does that mean "USSR". Because you did not live there. And you do not live now here, after the USSR. 60% of people (russians, belarusians, ukranians) still use these radiators in LIFE. 

And yes - replacing an American truck with a Soviet one is a must for this map to recreate that era and cult. If the map was called "FRANCE" for example, then you would like to see a Renault or CITROEN car, would you?

Just my 5 coins (;

Spoiler

maybe I was not so convincing, but its just because of the language barrier: P

Edited by Le1T

lets continue :D

11. No CCTV in the USSR. Please, remove a warning sign.

Spoiler

uOpPUHo.png

12. How does this work ? :) There were no automatic boom barriers. Just a wooden or metallic white-red stick.

Spoiler

EV772vd.jpg

dfXY96j.png

oUHH3Od.png

ukrju2L.png

13. Its a modern Forklift Truck. 

Spoiler

nUCAA5C.png

AP-4045 was using.

glfyonB.jpg

iBdaWcS.jpg

Spoiler

yvC8ji0.png

qmTarwE.png

15. English inscriptions

Spoiler

XkFquqL.png

fe5kgiO.png

sOZZRXf.png

lTpszfi.png

QSE8zTk.png

Spoiler

GssEcgU.jpg

NikCYPu.png

EfmnskM.png

QuMBN8O.png

fEFDTqq.png

2ypWwU2.png

YgDDVYT.png

U11cbxG.png

xYVsAIw.png

WjERdMm.png

7DHh4w5.png

cpoyIyj.png

17. same numbers

Spoiler

8qSctFA.png

T1kVYDS.png

PaSe9S3.png

C9cHDdX.png

W3vZwZb.png

LK0iuew.png

vGZ5bIB.png

18. just need to turn to face the wall to hide english inscriptions

Spoiler

Mrcegl0.png

bfomMWQ.png

Y1H0GA7.png

hNb6U5I.png

CeQeXNH.jpg

2jox61j.png

2SSpc9U.png

OfspUox.png

k94XLnS.png

Spoiler

QlQWEcW.png

CJtrSXs.png

HgZDJSu.png

HPYIhnc.jpg

Edited by Le1T

Alright, some of those observations are on point, but who cares? There are more important things to handle than some micro details. Tell me how many times during a tournament players stop in the middle of a match to check the blurry signage on some barrel "Oh no, guys, it's the wrong language, it doesn't fit with the theme, we have to stop the tournament!"

40 minutes ago, Radu said:

Alright, some of those observations are on point, but who cares? There are more important things to handle than some micro details. Tell me how many times during a tournament players stop in the middle of a match to check the blurry signage on some barrel "Oh no, guys, it's the wrong language, it doesn't fit with the theme, we have to stop the tournament!"

Professional players play in 1280 x 720 resolution with the low graphics. They need more square graphics with a minimum of detail on the map. And they don’t care about everything that is written and which model is on the map. If FMPONE makes this map for professionals, i really don't know why he waste his time on all this greens.

Edited by Le1T

10 hours ago, Le1T said:

You even dont know that does that mean "USSR". Because you did not live there. And you do not live now here, after the USSR. 60% of people (russians, belarusians, ukranians) still use these radiators in LIFE. 

While all of this is true, this does not mean that a mapper can't be given the liberty to use their own freedom to create a fictional location that pays tribute to and is based around a real place.

As a person with many direct connections to Russian culture, I feel like this new update has done has brought the map even closer to a realistic representation of Chernobyl. Where as before the map was filled with cars that didn't even have proper license plates, we now have cars that more or less fit the era.

I especially like what Fmpone did to the area around B and CT spawn, it really reminds me of a lot of abandoned buildings I've been in in formerly soviet countries.

On 10/12/2019 at 1:09 PM, Minos said:

Gosh, sometimes I really feel like quitting the internet :D People are "enraged" because something changed in a virtual map?  :lol: Feedback is always welcome, but please keep it nice. Thank you!

And the map looks awesome man! 

It was actually a joke within the community at one point that soon the self-boost on Cache would become easier. Now it seems to be reality. It should be a little bit understandable why it would make those players deeply disappointed. So I'm posting on behalf of the community. People want challenge.

If any pro does the new self-boost in an event, it won't be as exciting anymore because it's so easy to do now.

Edited by monolith

4 hours ago, monolith said:

It was actually a joke within the community at one point that soon the self-boost on Cache would become easier. Now it seems to be reality. It should be a little bit understandable why it would make those players deeply disappointed. So I'm posting on behalf of the community. People want challenge.

If any pro does the new self-boost in an event, it won't be as exciting anymore because it's so easy to do now.

Many still can't make the first jump. So calm your banana.