CS:GO Workshop: Weapon Finishes

General Vivi

If only the removal of comments actually made the workshop less useless for new and unknown designers. :(

I am new to skinning the weapons, and I posted 1 skin as a test to use the workshop more than anything else. I had 6 comments all of which were:

nice skin. plz look and rate mine: "obscurely named skin with no connection to how the gun actually looks"

Not only that, but unless they changed it, the thumbnail image you uploaded your skin with was fixed, so updating the skin is not going to attract more people.

Hey Jack,

You can edit your preview screenshot if you go through "workshop_publish" in console. It allows you to edit the files and screenshot for anything you've already published. 

This means you can even take feedback on a skin, change it, and then reupload the targa, VTF, and/or text file. You can change the preview image in the same way.

UDFhj3g.jpg

B5D2sve.jpg

2VaMr8d.jpg

Hope this helps anyone who is in need! :)

After 1000's of notifications on my dust2 winter reskin coming from russians that spammed crappy gun skins, I thought I'd make my own crappy gun skin  :v

Yes, that's how they look in-game :>

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=402862267

Haha I saw these posted on Reddit.

Very cool idea and would work well with the stickers and stuff! :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...