• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our launch cinematic is up!

Posted Images

Anyone controlling with M&K? WASD controls like shit, super inaccurate when you are attempting to enter doors and going up down stairs.

Also had 2 crashes in the inventory.

Yeah well I played with mouse and keyboard for the first hour, then tried the Xbox360 pad and it's a world of difference... Much better and intuitive.

I can't for the life of me memorize all the keys on the keyboard, the controller makes it more streamlined and comfortable.

17 hours played and still not left Velen/Novigrad, with quests all over the place still to be done, and undiscovered locations littering the landscape. This is going to take a while...

Questline involving the Bloody Baron the best so far.

Edited by Zyn

How's the game on PS4 guys? Thinking of getting it but I wanna play it on a 55" TV with surround sound, not on a poky little monitor in my room.

I'm playing it on PC, but I connected it to my 65" TV. (using a 8 meter HDMI cable) so i'm still getting the "console" more comfortable experience out of it, win - win

Tbh tho, the PS4 version looks nearly just as good, an untrained eye would notice almost no difference. The biggest difference to me being how the vegetation renders, it's a bit smoother on PC and of course 60FPS if you have the rig for it.

How's the game on PS4 guys? Thinking of getting it but I wanna play it on a 55" TV with surround sound, not on a poky little monitor in my room.

I'm playing it on PC, but I connected it to my 65" TV. (using a 8 meter HDMI cable) so i'm still getting the "console" more comfortable experience out of it, win - win

Tbh tho, the PS4 version looks nearly just as good, an untrained eye would notice almost no difference. The biggest difference to me being how the vegetation renders, it's a bit smoother on PC and of course 60FPS if you have the rig for it.

Awesome dude! That sounds badass...

Yeah I think I'll get a more consistent experience on my PS4 to be honest. My PC is getting kinda dated now. Cheers dude!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-19-cd-projekt-red-tackles-the-witcher-3-graphics-downgrade-issue-head-on

So all in all, maybe it wasn't a good idea to show the game running on a NASA pc two years ago, but cool that they are adding tweakable .inis, so people can wimp out "pcmasterrace" before their computer explodes

Man, I can't catch a break with this game. I ordered the CE a long time ago. When I checked it, my pre-order was gone. No more CE for Sprony. I didn't feel too bad though, because money is tight as it is. So I pre-ordered a Steam Key. On the last day they changed it to GOG keys. I had to get a refund. So I just bought it on Steam. Had some framerate problems. Turned down everything to low. Now I run an average of 35 fps. I couldn't understand why. But then I remembered. I had build a new PC last year but I didn't have enough money for a new GPU. Completely forgot to upgrade my old 560TI (which still runs a lot of games at high detail). Currently browsing the second hand market for a replacement (not a fan of that, but hey).

I want to continue playing dammit! I could, but there's so much detail I'm going to miss that way.

This game is incredible.

Was doing some sailing this morning and I hop out of my boat onto an island with some guarded treasure. Basilisk is guarding the treasure. I buff up and try to take him on even though he's a couple of levels higher than I am. We traded blows for a couple of minutes and I realized I hadn't saved in a while so I run away back to my boat. I go back to town and buy some bomb/potion formulas and read the bestiary to figure out how to beat this thing. I beef myself up a bit and I come back to the very same island towards sunrise and Geralts all like "winds picking up". 

Then I start the battle again. Turns out bombs are extremely effective at keeping it on the ground. I get overconfident and one shot from the monster takes away like 75% of my hp. The whole time this battle is going on the wind is blowing hard and it's thundering while the epic as shit combat music is playing. I end up barely killing the basilisk with like a sliver of hp left. It took every potion and every bomb I had on me. 

At this point the loot didn't even matter, I don't think I have ever had an experience like that in an open world game. It was like an extremely scripted epic boss battle that just happened naturally in the open world without any quest objectives or anything. And the best part is the game is full of these moments. I'm trying to be reasonable, but I think TW3 is one of the best open world experiences I've ever had.