The hype about this game is remarkable, I don't know if I can do it to myself to purchase what I assume will be a borderline endless game. The last game like it I played was Skyrim, and admittedly after 30 hours or so I started to get really bored because the stuff I was doing just wasn't that compelling — things eventually started to feel quite formulaic and I was really powerful so I felt little need to progress. Wondering how TW3 compares for someone who kind of loves the idea of RPGs but rarely gets that into them. :D

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our launch cinematic is up!

Posted Images

I'm over 100 hours in now and not a single boring minute. Everytime when i think it could get boring soon the game throws something interesting or cool in my direction. It's a better game then Skyrim in so far that the characters and quests are better fleshed out and feel less formulaic. Also the enemies and loot don't level with you. You have to pick your fights to progress so you get a better feeling of accomplishment throughout the game.

What's most remarkable is that very little of the side content feels like filler. It's the antithesis of how say Ubi tackles open world.

40 hours in and finally went to Novigrad, still extremely impressed by it, love the amount of depth that pretty much all of the side quests have, some really impressive story telling to be found there. Also quite liking the combat, happy that I went with the next hardest difficulty~~ 

Just finished the game with all the contracts, treasure hunts, gwent and sidequests that i could find. Took me 144 hours. Awesome ride. Pleased with the end that i got.

Definitely one of the best games that i've played.

​9 hours each day since release? Hardcore!

• 2 weeks later...

It would be interesting to know if there was any change in Process/Development workflow for Witcher 3 compared to the previous two games due to the increased scale.

did they feel more restricted in what they could do (due to the map to be pretty seemless and open world) or more free- a larger blank canvas to work with?

Feel free to reword these questions so they sound less retarded :)