e-freak

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

34 minutes ago, Pivac said:

- Terrorists being able to spot/shoot CTs passing to B (changing the Mid doors position to obscure vision from T spawn seems like a decent solution here)

wRnGZng.gif

That's like, one of the most iconic parts of dust 2? The mid doors allow T's to try and ascertain how many CT's are going B and it allows CT to cover suicide so that T's can't rush mid. It's a near perfect bit of map balancing.

7 minutes ago, text_fish said:

That's like, one of the most iconic parts of dust 2? The mid doors allow T's to try and ascertain how many CT's are going B and it allows CT to cover suicide so that T's can't rush mid. It's a near perfect bit of map balancing.

What you say is true, so I guess it's a matter of opinion. Currently CTs have to waste a smoke (or do it with HE grenade trick) only to not get tagged by a sniper as they pass by and obscure how many players they move to a vital location. I've seen many pro players and analysts complain about this and I agree with them. Ideally suicide and the rest of upper mid would still be visible from CT mid, it's just a matter of placing props and brushes correctly.

1 hour ago, Pivac said:

I've seen many pro players and analysts complain about this and I agree with them.

Yeah, maybe this should be tweaked a little but it's still an essential idea of the map.

In my opinion dust2 was never meant to be a map for pro players. It's the map to catch new players and keep them playing.

This Eleague major is already setting the bar.. for most disorganized major tournament. Massive cheating problems, terrible seeding, tons of delays, etc.

Valve, CEVO and Eleague are really disappointing everybody atm...

12 minutes ago, RivFader said:

This Eleague major is already setting the bar.. for most disorganized major tournament. Massive cheating problems, terrible seeding, tons of delays, etc.

Valve, CEVO and Eleague are really disappointing everybody atm...

Why have they moved to them anyway? ESL One Cologne/MY or dreamhack Cluj Napoka (something like that) were plenty fine. It seems that they wanted to make all American majors to please don't know who and made it suck so hard in the process..

Just saw the new version of Dust II (yeah a bit late buddy...I know ^^). 
I don't know how it plays (?) but I really like this new look of the map, it feels fresh and nice ! 
Will it be done for Dust ? 

Logic says they could use the same assets and quite quickly push Dust out.

Would also make sense considering Dust is not in the competitive mapcycle, so you don’t want to spend too much effort/resources.

I don’t like Dust, but for the salendo of art I’d like to see it remade with possibly another desert theme, providing the community with new assets.

I dunno if it’s worth reworking to make it viable for competitive, guess would look so different that it would just be nice if someone could make Dust 3 giving everyone some fresh air.

I just played the new dust2.
The pilars etc. are square now which I really dislike. I hope they will give it a really small bevel.
Before you could bounce flashes of it really well when entering tunnels from t spawn or going short etc. Now this is gone. A really small bevel on the edges could bring this back.

Also taking long  from t spawn is a lot harder now. I hope they add some holes or windows to throw flashes threw.

Another shake out in the scene, as Immortals cut kng for tweeting a death threat to an opponent after a recent tournament

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/3/16388228/cs-go-immortals-scandal-roster-kng

really disliked this trio of players when I watched the major that took place this past summer.

Edited by blackdog