e-freak

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Early analysis

Considering it costs like a Scout now, I wonder if it will become a viable choice for CT in early rounds. It is fairly precise from the video, and much quicker than before.

I can imagine CTs ambushing behind the wall in Banana, the whole Cart area would be great place to spam with this.

Finally!

29 march 2018 update[SDK]
– Added support for uniform scale adjustment of static prop models.
— To re-size static props, adjust the “uniform scale override” prop_static Hammer property, or use shift+mousewheel in the Hammer 3d viewport.

Edited by Serialmapper

Was that mentioned in the update posted by the CS team? I only read about trade cool down and minor map changes (curious to see Nuke).

~

Stumbled on this, not for the highlight reel, but interesting analysis that shows how Simple thinks in certain situations.

I just feel better for the simple (a-ha!) fact I chose the same train off-angle in my Train clutch posted some time ago

2 hours ago, Serialmapper said:

Finally!

29 march 2018 update[SDK]
– Added support for uniform scale adjustment of static prop models.
— To re-size static props, adjust the “uniform scale override” prop_static Hammer property, or use shift+mousewheel in the Hammer 3d viewport.

fab.png

2 hours ago, blackdog said:

Was that mentioned in the update posted by the CS team? I only read about trade cool down and minor map changes (curious to see Nuke).

SDK updates are not usually mentioned on the front page. You can see them on the updates page though: http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/category/updates/

image.png?width=488&height=677

Also, yay! Was just thinking the other day how useful it would be. Would be even better if they added seperate scaling along each axis (fingers crossed).

Edited by Squad

I noticed a bug in CS:GO with a Phong shading from light_environment (it works well with other light sources) and prop_static entities. When prop_static collisions are on (VPhysics or Bounding Box), Phong shading from sun isn't working. When collisions are off, it works. It isn't working too, when I mix two entities with disabled and enabled collisions. Bug is noticeable on de_train.

Props scaling used. I wrote about it to Valve CS:GO team, no answer.

20180330125603_1.jpg

Edited by Mamorex

Sssh, he’s on a break 😬

~

bad news early in the morning :(

i honestly like Cobble more than Dust these days, I guess Dust has become boring to me. I’m not even playing it in DM after the initial release.

I’m curious to see what they’ll change, especially on the art department, but at the same time I want the core to stay the same.

1 hour ago, blackdog said:

I’m curious to see what they’ll change, especially on the art department, but at the same time I want the core to stay the same.

I'm more excited to get my grubby mitts on the new assets they make than actually play a new map. Here's hoping they remake Aztec next; I've wanted to make a jungle map for a while now :D