e-freak

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

On 11/01/2018 at 10:40 AM, blackdog said:

Time to embrace the red side of the force... ;)

Isn't there a way to use shadowplay without GeForce experience?

ReLive for and cards comes with the drivers and therefore can be used without additional software and I bet there  is a way to do it with Nvidia drivers as well when updating them, maybe?

3 hours ago, Mia Winters said:

Are you supporting Cloud9?

I don’t support any team, I only started following the pro scene last year. I also can’t really follow live events, I mostly watch re-runs.

I place a couple bets here and there with Betway.

I guess I have a sympathy for Vega Squadron because the way they started this tournament, but I really only watch for the love of the game, interested in seeing how teams play and highlights.

Edited by blackdog

Holding Highway with a scout :twisted:

20180120003503_1.jpg.123effdc9041e1fdb773f2457aab6887.jpg

~

have a question regarding settings: it appears to me that CSGO overrides video settings from external panels or applications -- I was happy to notice way back, before f.lux introduced the "disable for full screen applications" that CSGO was disabling the orange filter. I'm happy in the sense that goes a long way to level the playing field... but I've noticed from some higlight reels that progamers streaming have very washed out captures, clearly lowering contrast and increasing alpha to spot whoever hides in a dark corner.
How do they do that?
I was looking into doing a light version of that yesterday to make the game playable... as I don't have curtains in the living room, in a sunny day, I can't spot a CT hiding in the dark corner of -for eg- Cobble, when exiting Underpass, despite screen being max brightness and in-game brightness being maxed out; I would have needed something like an external screen protection/blinker/panel and maybe still a baseball hat for myself.
I'm talking about a laptop btw.

Edited by blackdog

Wow Space Soldiers, opening Cloud 9 wide!

Watching these underdogs, Vega as well yday, is so good... is a bit like watching NCAA basketball, I see these teams doing things that the big names don't ever pull. Quite spectacular 8)

~

OT: does anybody know what these red dongles are for?

20170707_Adela-Sznajder_ESL-One_Cologne_

also something that ties back into the display/screen question from earlier... are they allowed to use scripts etc or they have to play vanilla CSGO?

Edited by blackdog

46 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Wow Space Soldiers, opening Cloud 9 wide!

Watching these underdogs, Vega as well yday, is so good... is a bit like watching NCAA basketball, I see these teams doing things that the big names don't ever pull. Quite spectacular 8)

~

OT: does anybody know what these red dongles are for?

20170707_Adela-Sznajder_ESL-One_Cologne_

also something that ties back into the display/screen question from earlier... are they allowed to use scripts etc or they have to play vanilla CSGO?

My guess is either it’s part of the monitor or the TO is stuffing a USB port with an obvious dongle. 

They have to play vanilla CS iirc.

5 hours ago, FMPONE said:

My guess is either it’s part of the monitor or the TO is stuffing a USB port with an obvious dongle. 

They have to play vanilla CS iirc.

Fnugz told me once that this is for headphones. You basicly put them there.

lol, very uninteresting :D thought were USBs where they kept their configs or something.

SK vs Faze are on now, just a taste of final/semifinal!
But everyone is talking about G2, like SK was happy to avoid G2 for now... wasn't expecting the French to be such strong contenders to the title.
Last night Astralis vs North was tight!

Anyway I came to post cos they were saying "Cache is falling into popularity [because on B connector a smoke blocks completely the view and you might get 5 players rushing through]"

Edited by blackdog

What a game to finish off the first part of the Boston Major, an overtime game seems the right way to go for the very last match as Space Soldiers dig deep and advance to the next stage.

I really like the style of play they have, they seem more loose and creative than the big teams... but there might be also the reason why the established contenders are in that position.