e-freak

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

On 26/01/2018 at 10:25 AM, RivFader said:

I really wish Space Soldiers or Vega Squadron were in the playoffs instead of QBF, but it was not meant to be. Overall these playoffs should be alright though.

Thought that match with Mouse counts as playoff... as one game played with direct elimination?

~

I want SK to go through but Fnatic is putting up a fight! Overtime already on the first map!

Surprised by C9 getting through, I'm happy for them but was expecting G2 really, everybody was naming them as top 3 for the title basically.

What a semi-final between SK and Cloud 9!
C9 have been very solid from the start, I was really impressed by their earlier matches but didn't think at all they would get to the finals! (Neither the experts. even n0thing was favoring another team in a previous match -- despite that I still put them down as possible winners at the beginning of the tournament, so supporting them tonight, they would give me a nice return on my cheap £2 bet :D). I'm not sure what it is, but seems like despite the talent of n0thing and Shroud, they are much better off now. They seem very confident and assertive, imposing their game instead of reacting.

Here are the recorded games

~

Completely unrelated, wanted to ask something to those that know the game well @FMPONE @Vaya @General Vivi...? See the screenshot below -- I was playing the other night and there was a player showing up as "unconnected" and when he was killing someone, it appeared as a suicide (see my highlights). I was wondering if that is some sort of cheat or some actual connection issue... but it looked like there was mad reaction time, I would barely have the time to register the guy was there, and I was instantly dead. Not that he was unkillable though.

The other weird thing is that you couldn't report him in any way because you couldn't click his profile, it was greyed out in the leaderboard.

Inked20180126010158_1_LI.jpg.7f6497c1d38003607ba15c5f385c7028.jpg

Edited by blackdog

Couldn't watch it live. It was broadcasted for the very first time here on Viceland though and I'm about to watch the recorded session now. Somehow managed to avoid all spoilers :D

10 hours ago, Squad said:

Couldn't watch it live. It was broadcasted for the very first time here on Viceland though and I'm about to watch the recorded session now. Somehow managed to avoid all spoilers :D

Couldn’t watch live as well :/ and started with the recording this morning (last day off)… unfortunately I got a spoiler on the winners because of thumbnails on YT and Twitter, despite how much you try to scroll past notifications.

My biggest surprise is that I was expecting to be a best of 5 game, so was very surprised when map 1 didn’t go as I expected. More fun this way tho!

Sorry for the off-topic but still relevant.

Very unexpected: co-creator of CS has been arrested for sexual exploitation of a child.

https://kotaku.com/counter-strike-co-creator-arrested-for-sexually-exploit-1822648715

https://kotaku.com/counter-strike-co-creator-charged-with-paying-16-year-o-1822762847