What have you watched recently?

dux

39 minutes ago, Minos said:

Watch Eraserhead if you haven't already, that movie screwed up with my brain a bit.

Rewatched this classic, one of the best dog movies ever for sure:

Eraserhead is awesome. I was a big fan of Lynch who had somehow skipped over Twin Peaks. Think I watched a few minutes as a teenager and found it depressing. I also dismissed Mulholland Drive as a youngster, might have just been stupid, now I need to go back and watch that one as well. 

SO excited to begin Season 3. So glad it's happening.

17 minutes ago, Vaya said:

Watched Lynch's Dune today. I think I should have read the book first?

Yes! I haven't seen the movie yet but Dune is much more than a simple sci-fi story set in a desert planet... in a way it's a step by step guide on how to awaken our own innate psychic powers. It's a looong haul but totally worth it!

28 minutes ago, FMPONE said:

Just watched it. Found the plot kind of weird but was able to follow it. Some of the sets were cool. Overall not a great film but lots of cool ideas and parts.

I'd agree with this. Some of the effects were corny as fuck but that seems pretty much a lynch staple :D

On 12/07/2017 at 7:54 PM, FMPONE said:

Just watched Fire Walk With Me, ok, I think Lynch is a genius

Well when you watch other stuff like Mulholland Drive you might just scratch your head :/

On 12/07/2017 at 8:13 PM, Minos said:

Rewatched this classic, one of the best dog movies ever for sure:

Oh this is on my list! Put it just because of the name and synopsis… gotta say the weird trailer is a bit off-putting ?

~

watched Despicable Me 3 last week and also The Goonies for the first time – was expecting a bit more from the latter as its such a famous movie. Now You See Me 2 was a sequence of nonsense last night, bah. Wish my gf wasn't suffering the hay fever and we played Lego Batman instead

Edited by blackdog

18 minutes ago, Beck said:

Damn right it is. Still love it as an adult too! 

Oh hell yeah. I just meant it as being a great adventure with kids in the lead :)

I watched it 2 years ago for it's 30th year anniversary. Still hasn't lost any of it's charm. Timeless classic.

Not saying I didn't like it @Sprony @Beck, just that I was expecting a bit more… I guess pacing, more adventure, because all the hype I got about it.

I guess my rationale got the best of it and found a bit jarring the portrayal of a North American town with a Spanish treasure ship (when there were no Spanish in those areas).

Dunno if the mastering for digital streaming wasn't great but I didn't understand who left the hints for the treasure as well.

Is definitely a great kids adventure movie, still probably enjoyable for kids today and their parents :)