Grand Theft Auto IV

D3ads

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still keep getting more and more amazed by this game, it is hard to believe that human beings put this thing together, it is as far as I'm concerned in the same league of awe as huge engineering constructions, things that are so impressive that it feels absurd that humans put it together. It is one of those games that has been transported to the present from the future.

This could have come straight from a map video by RD :D

It seems each game, not only GTA, my xbox confuses save files and loads an old one instead of the most recent one, so I often find myself loading it manually - anyone else having experienced/heard of such problems?

I still keep getting more and more amazed by this game, it is hard to believe that human beings put this thing together, it is as far as I'm concerned in the same league of awe as huge engineering constructions, things that are so impressive that it feels absurd that humans put it together. It is one of those games that has been transported to the present from the future.

This could have come straight from a map video by RD :D

It seems each game, not only GTA, my xbox confuses save files and loads an old one instead of the most recent one, so I often find myself loading it manually - anyone else having experienced/heard of such problems?

Channelling PITRD!~

Nah, haven't had any of that.

Speaking of saving, am I the only one that actually tries to do missions during regular working hours inside the game? I'll usually try and get to a safehouse around 00:00 so I can get up at 06:00 so its bright outside. I totally love their night look as well, but when I'm doing missions I prefer to be able to clearly see whats going on :).

Last game that had me thinking about time of day was Shenmue, which funny enough is the game I'm being reminded of the most while playing GTA IV, since they also tried to somewhat simulate a living city (read; street :D).

I wish I had my xbox up here in the army, but Im too lazy to rent one haha.

As for the game, suprb.

ps I missed like 4 dates, due to stupid shooting missions that involved my dumbass cousin and some russians. but I did hit lawchick.

pss there should be a timer which lets you sleep more than 6 hours, I hate to walk around and wait for a certain time of day.

psss the taxis rock.

-

Didn't shoot Darko

I wonder what kind of effect that has to the storyline?

Aye, same. I'm playing the game over again now, and I'm totally reversing all the choices I made first time through. First time through I killed Vlad (Obviously), this time I'm gonna walk away and let him live. Also I killed Dwayne instead of Playboy X, which I really regretted

:)

Ok so I beat the game tonight as well, so here I join the spoiler convo:

Shot playboy X instead of Dwayne, then never saw Dwayne after that, told him to fuck off as I wanted to go on with the storyline. One of the things I haven't unlocked yet is the ability to place bombs in a car, though I'm pretty sure Jacob gives that to you (not that I want to know, I'll have to find out myself). Can't say that I regretted killing Playboy as he really got on my nerves for some reason, then again I never used the safehouse after that, and thought the money could have been a better choice.

On the subject of who to shoot, anyone went for Francis over Gerry? I killed Gerry, thinking he was a lost soul worth putting his misery to an end, and that I'd rather not piss the police even more. Got the ability to call off the police, and when I wanted to try it, I realized this doesn't work within missions which really felt like an entirely useless choice. Seen as the storyline ends rather badly for the Mcreary family, I thought I should have killed Francis instead. I'm gonna play it again and find out what happens if I reverse all my choices.

im not about to replay the game to change my choices, the outcomes really had no substantial effect. i beat it last night at i think 36 hours and now im running around killing pigeons. there really needs to be a way to let you know which ones are left, if i get 199 and cant get the last im going to be pretty pissed. ive found that all the money in the game is useless, i have like 64k and all i can spend it on is clothes and guns? i could play for another 200 hours and not spend the rest. i want to buy mansions, helicopters and cars. lastly, what is the point of the like and respect percentages? i dont see them really doing anything.