Prodeus - KICKSTARTER LIVE!

Seldoon182

Last few hours, I finally got in.

Hey @General Vivi after listening to the Quakecast I thought to ask... have you considered doing a sort of contest for your dear friends here in Mapcore? I know it's so early, but thought you could maybe drop us a version stripped of all content, except a couple test maps to understand the entities and what not, and then let the community go crazy.

The Quakecast was a great listen, and I'd love to participate in a contest like that ^ . I know that you mention in the quakecast that the level editor is core to Prodeus's programming, but it would be possible to release a modified version of the editor as a Unity asset package? I know personally I would buy that editor in a heart beat, as it would make level making for my unity projects way easier.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

That's unreal! I am trying to back 50 but the kickstarter is closed to backers? I am broke so I want to get the game but give the rest to you as a donation, not getting the backer stuff won't bother me. How much will it be when its next available?

Even though the kickstarter level thing is over, I will hope to eventually be making levels, and probably draw awesome weapons for fun and even port them as a mod if there is ever support.

This development has been pretty inspiring to watch. Is developing an indie game of this size a big risk for an average person? What are the biggest overhead expenses? After I graduate out of here or college I might try to pursue something similar, as I already have a decent foundation in a few areas as well as some ideas.

• 4 months later...
  • FMPONE featured this topic