[RELEASED] - Studio

ZeLzStorm

8 hours ago, CuervoSp said:

Hello I really enjoy playing your map and I found some bugs testing your map.

Reveal hidden contents

20171120111617_1.jpg.840f730f9a0869d50a15ae348dc1712d.jpg20171120111413_1.jpg.017fad92e50058780124241d7b53b13b.jpg20171120111001_1.jpg.ff7f119fe59223081885ad1976ae8b9a.jpg20171120110943_1.jpg.709f25f322842cd2f3063475f28af139.jpg20171120110354_1.jpg.88aebf7e88e34db8ea065f1df9745180.jpg

Thank you very much! We'll get those fixed as soon as possible!

3 hours ago, Andres Marcano said:

Ran around in it today and it looks fantastic. Love the layout! You guys killed it again!

Thank you very much Andres! Really apprecaite it ♥

On 20/11/2017 at 8:02 PM, Recki said:

Haven't had time to check it out ingame yet but just from the screenshots it looks amazing :)

On 21/11/2017 at 12:00 AM, SirK said:

Looks amazing! Great job on the visuals and I really like the changes you've made to the layout since the last time I've played the map! 

Thank you guys so much! It means a lot to us! <3

I couldn't test it with friends, but I can't wait for it.
I really enjoy the map, it has really good quality, and also love the amount of diversity and colour that has.
I'm not sure about the difficulty of retakes.
How long is the rotation in seconds? Because it seemed too long for me to go from a to b

We have released our final update to de_Studio for the top 10 qualifications. We will to continue to update the map in the meantime where we seem necessary! :)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On 29/11/2017 at 7:51 AM, Andre Valera said:

Studio looks great, very clean and each area is unique

Thank you André!

21 hours ago, sibulo said:

I couldn't test it with friends, but I can't wait for it.
I really enjoy the map, it has really good quality, and also love the amount of diversity and colour that has.
I'm not sure about the difficulty of retakes.
How long is the rotation in seconds? Because it seemed too long for me to go from a to b

Rotation times are similair to Cache from what I was told. If there is normal communication between teammates you should have more than sufficient time to rotate to either site :D

Edited by Hollandje

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/12/2017 at 5:11 PM, JayLowBear said:

Hey guys! 

Just played the map on faceit and i think its great .. there are a few simple flaws with it tho.. like peeking middle from t site (visibility problems with seeing an enemy standing in ct mid) .. there is also a spot near a site where you can stand on an invisible object (see attached files)

1.png

the clipping weird invisble clipbrush has been fixed in today's update. The visibility issue (the bench behind the fountain) will be tackled in the next update!

Hello everyone!

Studio is back again with our final update of 2017!  

Since the end of the first deadline, we've all been hard at work improving the game-play and visuals of the map as well as going over all the minor bug fixes and changes we needed to make.

The full patch notes and special thanks can be seen in the spoilers below!

Images from the most recent update:

Spoiler

Full image album here: https://imgur.com/a/tupNA 

wOmqu1M.jpg

K1plgn8.jpg

eSad6GD.jpg

AP5Is6N.jpg

mIYXcf3.jpg

nREjdtG.jpg

Patch notes from the most recent update:

Spoiler

- Optimization:
    Major improvement to users using Low, Medium and High shader settings.
    We have now added the same optimization as the recent Dust 2, by removing props on certain settings, users will have a much more fluid and smooth experience (FPS INCREASE).
    - Shader settings set to Very High will show all props in the map.
    - Shader settings set to Medium / High will show only the most important props and some minor detail props.
    - Shader settings set to Low will show only important props and no minor detail props.

- Added general optimizations for all props on the map.
    - Improved area portals, hints and skips.

- A Site:
    - Changed some over-powered sightlines between CT and T Entrance (un-intended sightline to outside T street).
    - Adjusted prop positions on site to fix a few troublesome spots.
    - Adjusted prop positions under scaffolding (Fixed players getting stuck on props)
    - Improved clipping in various locations around site (Under scaffolding site, Site itself, etc...).
    - Fixed reported visual errors caused by decals.
    - Fixed prop fade issues on a few props.
    - Stopped bullet penetration on CT Entrance Box (Now gives CT a solid cover when entering the bombsite).
    - Fixed chickens spawning in the floor on A Site.

- B Site:
    - Blocked LOS between Lower and CT Spawn (Added ply wood / Raised garage door in compensation).
    - Added Grenade clips to outside areas / Poles on site (Each team can now use grenades more consistently on site).
    - Improved visibility in Upper area of Site (Removed clutter).
    - Changed plant-zone colour to make the site clearer for players.
    - Blocked some positions commonly used for hiding that were un-intended.
    - Changed cover by Garage door entrance slightly to improve balance.
    - Raised up hiding position by Stairs / Garage door to allow more of the player model to be seen (No-longer just a headshot angle).
    - Smoothed out clipping on Site stairs and back CT corner.
    - Removed a crate outside of bombsite zone to allow players on-site to be safer.
    - Adjusted props in areas outside of play-zone to stop confusion of which areas are playable and are not.

- Middle:
    - Removed AC Unit in middle boost.
    - Added bomb reset trigger in boost to stop users greifing other players.
    - Improved clipping in Middle (Players can now jump up ontop of the fountain from the lower segment as well as other areas).
    - Removed bench model players were getting consistently stuck on.

- Prop / Vent Room:
    - Completely re-made lighting in this area.
    - Removed pallets and misc objects in a corner of the room (No-longer hiding position).
    - Adjusted position of a table and props surrounding it to provide better visuals onto middle for T side.
    - Adjusted prop positions on wood-working tables to give better sightlines onto middle.
    - Removed odd metal bench and clipping (which was awkward to get around).
    - Changed vent grate positions inside vent to stop players hiding and catching other players off-guard.
    - Removed bad chair model that players would get stuck on.

- T Alley / Street:
    - Removed ladder on back of truck outside T Spawn (Still climbable and boostable to counter Mid connector)
    - Improved visuals on exterior building.
    - Fixed clipping issues with bombs becoming stuck inside vent models.
    - Added small particles around some props to make the environment more immersive.

- T Route to B:
    - Completely re-made lighting in these areas.
    - Updated visuals in lower paths (New materials, Models and detailing).
    - Added breakable glass above waterfall.
    - Added new poster in replacement for old frame only model.
    - Removed some props that caused visual errors when approaching from T side.

- T Spawn:
    - Improved clipping on matresses next to spawn itself (No-longer able to pixel walk).
    - Fixed pixel walk on outside ac unit.
    - Fixed a boostable position inside building (Which did not make sense logically).
    - Changed solidity of props outside T spawn.
    - Stopped a solo-boost angle onto outside awning on T spawn.

- Other:
    - Improved visuals on exterior building to be slightly more interesting (T Entrance to B and Middle building).
    - Improved clipping across the entire map.
    - Fixed more bomb / player stuck positions.
    - Improved visuals on majority of custom assets (Fixed long time lighting issue present on a lot of models).

- Special Thanks (In this update):
    - Hollandje AND TanookiSuit3: You both really helped step up the mark with the quality of the map and on the optimization for this final pass.
    - Terri: Thanks to your informative video (and FaceIT graph data), me and the rest of the team went through each point and made adjustments where we believed they were needed! Thanks.
    - ALiVE and Llamas: Thanks to both of you for your consistent bug reports in the forums to the team! Massive props to you both for being so dedicated in finding bugs!
    - Everyone who reported issues found within the map through our discussion board and comments on the workshop, you all helped improve the map by reporting any issues found!
    - FACEIT and MAPCORE: Thanks to both of these organisations working together, the contest finalists were able to have lots of playtests on their maps. Studio had 31 Matches on EU servers alone! Thanks to this data and player feedback we were able to improve the map in all areas.

We hope everyone has had a great 2017 and will have an amazing 2018! Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey ZeLzStorm, TanookiSuit3 & Hollandje,

Congrats on the map and placing top 3! After finally getting a chance to play it on the MapCore Hubs on FACEIT, I've got a bit of feedback. The two most important points I feel are:

• The "fake head" on the non-accessible catwalk on bombsite A
  • The ledge on the ground surrounding bombsite A that requires you to jump

I added a few more points that aren't super crucial but can be considered. Find the feedback here.

Cheers,

fabE

This map feels very unique when you play it, it has a lot of interesting angle and elevation changes.

The number 1 critique I've heard from people is that the FPS seems low. I haven't noticed that myself, but I think it's very important to listen to the consensus on maps. In terms of art critique, the truck-trailer by T spawn really seems like a dated asset, and some of the art assets on the indoor site also seem very non-distinguishable and low-resolution. I'd say the indoor site needs a visual overhaul, in general. Gameplay-wise, this is one of my favorites from the contest despite its large size.

On the point FMPONE made, I will say I am one of the people that experienced FPS issues, it more so felt like "memory leak", i.e. the first 5 minutes would be fine, the longer I went, frames would drop massively until it felt like I had 20-30 FPS. In part, this can be due to my abysmal internet connection, however I didn't have the same issue on de_biome, for example.