[CS:GO][WIP] Tel Aviv

VIOLATION

Haven't found any new map crashes after fixing the aforementioned one that ended two playtests so I've taken the time in between submitting for a new one eventually to spruce up a few of the buildings while Quoting made some changes to the layout at mid. Updated overview will be up soon as well.

c4pA2cF.jpg7sBGkZZ.jpg

Edited by VIOLATION

I thought I should probably share our post play test progress, thanks to everyone who took their time to play de_aviv.

We have adjusted both CT and T mid to reduce play space for CT and improved the sight lines from T mid. We have also shortened mid a little to make pushing up easier for T.

Spoiler

CA32361E7763B7371D569E5014D6BCFAB86D5AA6

5AC507C7B1F08D9066C0FCA23EC6E99B717EE465

5DE701B3DAD46C75B4C737407B99D8BFF0C2C8EC

648141728D6BDDEFBED671AEF742F24A06BFEED1

Another change we have made is to make the right entrance to A a boost. You can use the slanted box or dustbins to strafe jump up solo as well but both leave you very exposed and require a lot of skill. By adjusting this entrance, we have made the site easier for CT to hold and less angles to check on a retake.

Spoiler

40416E1B80B51A84299BC374A7378F6CF1635B90

F654665E36EE6DEF82D718F6DB2A7B89C6F4CF97

8B0FE8C2AAC610C0B1B6113898ED68031E487335

We have also adjusted several box heights and placements throughout the map to reduce frustrating moments and improve the general flow of the map. 

At this point we are both fairly happy with the layout and we have begun experimenting with textures read for the first art pass. Despite this, we are 100% still open for feedback on all aspects of the map and would love to hear what you have to say. The workshop is up to date and you can download the map here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pretty large update coming in here. We have still been working on Aviv quietly these past few months and have been setting almost all of our effort into detailing a first art pass. It is still not complete, however I would like to show off some of the work that has been done recently, and receive criticism on our detail work thus far.

Spoiler

T Spawn:

qNvKNN0.jpg

A Site:

Gm5XU72.jpg

Grocery Store @ A:

vVcdcEy.jpg

A Connector:

ct Ma5TeUr.jpg

CT to A:

jI9F8eH.jpg

Laundromat (T to B):

lBr7dHh.jpg

B Site:

vPzw5pk.jpg

As you can see, most of the work has ended up on the A side of the map, followed by B and with Mid not receiving much love yet. Really curious to see opinions/suggestions as I do believe that A site might be far too visually cluttered and has generally just ended up a mess. In the meantime we'll keep chugging along and hopefully hold another playtest before the year is out. 

• 2 weeks later...