General Vivi

CS:GO Workshop: Weapon Finishes

Sweet work yet again! Got your Pulse as my Famas! My only complaint is that it can be confused for a snow camo when you dont hold "F" to inspect it! I know it's hard but I do prefer when the skin looks badass from the first person perspective too (like the Pulse).

yo dudes! how are you doing?

today i released a new weapon in the workshop, its part of a collection called Sho, that means, writing or calligraphy, the theme is the year of the horse. I used actual ink and paper to develop this finish and is my fav so far :)

What do you think?

637x358.resizedimage

637x358.resizedimage

637x358.resizedimage

637x358.resizedimage

wow. that's a beauty

Goooood! :D

IMO, the first one, could have a brighter background (or use other approach) so we see the weap silhouette better. Can add value to the overal comp :)

You mean the texture it self or the "promotion image"? Both can be fixed! Thanks for the tip!

also removing the green screen using alpha channels in GIMP removes the green from the weapon also. So I have to spend time re adding the green to the gun so the "promotion" images looks like the in game skin. Isn't there a better way to do that?

Edited by moyyst

to remove the green stuff from the weapon, select all the green with magic wand, transform the selection in a mask and refine the mask using levels. Its a non destructive way to remove the green-should-be-destroyed green background.

I gave skinning a shot. Spend some time whiffing this up. More luck then brains. :/

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=231773240

2TAYKuj.jpg

I like this one. But in the following image it looks a bit dull and more purple-ish instead of blue. Not sure what happened there :)

A5FEA82BC121F2ECEA525277FAE077510E18D174

I gave skinning a shot. Spend some time whiffing this up. More luck then brains. :/

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=231773240

2TAYKuj.jpg

I like this one. But in the following image it looks a bit dull and more purple-ish instead of blue. Not sure what happened there :)

A5FEA82BC121F2ECEA525277FAE077510E18D174

Umm yeah... removing the green screen through alpha channels took away the green from the whole picture. So I had to recolor it and I might have hit a different color then in game. Changed both to fit each other, and made the skin a bit darker. Also made the handle black like the mag.

yo dudes! how are you doing?

today i released three new weaps for the Pulse collection.

I was good to come back to one of the first series i made and improve some (parametric) stuff on the finishes tool, like to know better how the position, rotation phong values etc works...

I'm huge fan of the solution valve found to create variation for the drops, with those values.

The Pulse Aug

637x358.resizedimage

The Pulse Tec 9

637x358.resizedimage

The Pulse AWP

637x358.resizedimage

added: the offset variation i told up there ^

pulse_awp_var.gif

Edited by Thurnip