Doom (4)

Sprony

I'm really glad to see how fantastic the lighting and shadowing are in Doom: Rage's complete lack of lighting, even muzzle flashes, made the world feel entirely dead/fake to me, it made it impossible for me to feel immersed. idtech 6 looks like it sacrifices nothing that I can tell to accomplish what it does. I can't find any good technical breakdown of it (Wikipedia still has 2008 claims about raytracing and voxels, lol), but Digital Foundry did a good overview of its features:

So after finishing the game a few days ago and letting it sink in a bit, here are my thoughts. Because my thought's are very important and you should all read about them. :v

Pros:
RIP AND TEAR
RIP AND TEAR
RIP AND TEAR
RIP AND TEAR
RIP AND TEAR
RIP AND TEAR
RIP AND TEAR
RIP AND TEAR
RIP AND TEAR
RIP AND TEAR
RIP AND TEAR
RIP AND TEAR
RIP AND TEAR
RIP AND TEAR
RIP AND TEAR
RIP AND TEAR
RIP AND TEAR
RIP AND TEAR
RIP AND TEAR
RIP AND TEAR
RIP AND TEAR
RIP AND TEAR
RIP AND TEAR
RIP AND TEAR
RIP AND TEAR

Picture15.png
EaMfd.jpg

I do kinda miss the old doom marine in a way. But I don't mind this newly imagined one either. But if you pointed a gun and made me choose I would go for old doom guy.

Edited by dux

On 19/5/2016 at 5:40 AM, Jetsetlemming said:

I'm really glad to see how fantastic the lighting and shadowing are in Doom: Rage's complete lack of lighting, even muzzle flashes, made the world feel entirely dead/fake to me, it made it impossible for me to feel immersed. idtech 6 looks like it sacrifices nothing that I can tell to accomplish what it does. I can't find any good technical breakdown of it (Wikipedia still has 2008 claims about raytracing and voxels, lol), but Digital Foundry did a good overview of its features:

Those musics man!!! Jizzz111

Edited by Seldoon182