How many mapcoreans got a VR kit?

I picked a Rift S to play Alyx, and it blew me away, to play a video game with actual sense of depth is pretty amazing.
After you're done with Alyx tho, you're left wondering what else is out there? So far I picked up Beat Saber (My wife loved it, it became her daily exercise game, she doesn't even play Ring Fit anymore)
I also tried Moss and it was a little bit disappointing and tbh it doesn't really need to be VR. 
Picked up Tetris Effect and it's actually my favourit VR game now, I keep going back to it, the effects and the music are really underrated.

Can anyone else here recommend any other game I might be missing? I'll pick up superhot eventually, I'm sure that one's fun too.

I'm also curious to try some of the FPS classics:

I really loved Boneworks, it used to be janky but the devs are still updating it even though its a singleplayer campaign. It's a lot of fun because unlike Alyx the game is open to letting you do ANYTHING to beat a level. I think its an excellent game to pick up if you have some experience with vr and want something with  a lot of depth and freedom.

However, the prize for the best VR game has to go to Beat Saber. I'm not a huge fan of rythm games, but the physicality really makes this game amazing. I turn it on almost daily for exercise and I don't think I will ever get bored. It really is a must have vr experience, especially with the countless amount of user authored mods.

I finally got the confirmation mail for my index yesterday. 😃

Since I'm also looking for a new apartment atm, I would be really interested in any recommodations regarding play splace. How big is your VR space?  Does anyone have less than 2 x 3 m (6.5 x 10 feet)?

on topic: i've heard good things about boneworks and job simulator.

Edited by esspho

2 hours ago, esspho said:

I finally got the confirmation mail for my index yesterday. 😃

Since I'm also looking for a new apartment atm, I would be really interested in any recommodations ragarding play splace. How big is your VR space?  Does anyone have less than 2 x 3 m (6.5 x 10 feet)?

on topic: i've heard good things about boneworks and job simulator.

I think mine is a bit smaller than 2 x 3. Its ok but I really dont feel comfortable playing. There is always a lamp or a tv some where near... Throwing grenades is anxiety inducing event for me.

30 minutes ago, FMPONE said:

Lmao, nothing like knocking pictures off the wall because you can’t see shit

Gladly I have no pictures on the wall but I have 3 lamps that are much lower hanging than ceiling. Playing Jeff chapter and throwing bottles was like another layer of horror for me :D I also remember first time barnacle snatched me I tried to aim up with my pistol and hit the lamp as my pistol hit barnacle. Almost shit myself.

I havent touched my index since I finished Alyx. There's nothing that really appeals to me, or anything that I'm willing to stand up 2+ hours for, getting shoulder and back ache.

Google earth has some pretty cool VR specific stuff.

Besides that I like a lot of those art programs. There is one that's like a kind of stripped down ZBrush for Oculus. I can't remember the name though. It was super cool though!

On 6/29/2020 at 6:09 AM, dux said:

anything that I'm willing to stand up 2+ hours for, getting shoulder and back ache.

u even 30 yet? 

19 hours ago, [HP] said:

u even 30 yet? 

This reminds me, how heavy is the Index? Is it lighter than the quest? More importantly is the weight more evenly distributed?

2 hours ago, AlexM said:

This reminds me, how heavy is the Index? Is it lighter than the quest? More importantly is the weight more evenly distributed?

I have NOT tried the index, but I've seen multiple people saying that the Rift S wins in terms of how conformable it is to wear. The index is also heavier, 800g, whereas the Rift is about 500g.

The index is heavy enough to be slightly uncomfortable. I don’t regret buying it, but there is no reason to lie. It’s not comfortable as a device. There is real room for improvement on the weight side of things. And the sooner we yeet the goddamn wire into the sun, the better. That shit has GOT. TO. GO!