Let's talk VR

-HP-

1 hour ago, Lizard said:

What does the "ERPing" mean ?

RP is means Role Play. Acting in game with back story and never leaving character.

E means Erotic. Which basically means Erotic role play. Basically having sex.

5 hours ago, FMPONE said:

For the sake of my sanity in particular I think probably enough has been said on that topic. Lol 😂 

I will send anyone $5 who successfully changes the subject

Ill take this in Ethereum. :D

So I very much think its a good idea to have a game dev drink up in VR. How would it be possible to try and get something like this going?

There may already be something like this going on but I am not aware of it. But having events where industry vets and beginners can chill out and network would be extremely useful. I am willing to make significant modifications to my world to host such events.

edit Making it easier for people to share portfolios is one idea.

This might be off topic for VR discussion specifically. maybe a different thread.

edit 2 I apologize as my English skills horrifying sometimes. ><

Edited by Castle

On 4/22/2021 at 1:43 AM, Castle said:

So I very much think its a good idea to have a game dev drink up in VR. How would it be possible to try and get something like this going?

Sounds potentially vomit inducing :D

On 4/22/2021 at 1:43 AM, Castle said:

edit 2 I apologize as my English skills horrifying sometimes. ><

Your english is fine :)

Edited by AlexM

1 hour ago, AlexM said:

Sounds potentially vomit inducing :D

lol! Actually for people who never experienced the social thing and had some drinks in VR its insanely good. You wont know how good until you try it. But try not to drink too hard! Vomit inducing might also apply for motion sickness but with experience you can get around that.

As far as the Gamedev drinkup though I should maybe consider making a new thread and show off the venue and explain what the whole thing is about. Later tonight I have an event that will be going all night starting at 8 PM EST. I have another two events tomorrow as well but they are hosted by other people. Bass Castle and Sinister Saturday.

Sinister Saturday is a weekly goth industrial event where a talented DJ NecroNeko spins some old school goth vibes. Its super badass and the last Sinister Saturday had 70+ people in the instance almost the entire night it was crazy! That's more than most goth clubs get in real life! The place was packed.

DJs almost always perform while in full body and once the doors are open it stays that way all night.

There are a dozen or so other events taking place in the same venue at the same time but these are the ones currently directly promoted by the ZDUnderground which is my group. The pictures don't do it justice compared to being there when its packed with people during a show in VR. All officially promoted ZDU events are strictly SFW content.

Relentless__The_Castle_4-23.jpg

bc.png

2021-04-16_19-39-50.jpg

Stuff like this is definitely the future of VR and its expanding very quickly as the scene is growing exponentially. The entire world is designed and programmed by me and I its the largest most complex venue in VR. I have seen a lot of others out there but this one is the biggest. It can easily hold a maximum number of people and it supports not only DJ events but parties as well.

Edited by Castle

• 2 months later...

Alright so, I am starting to see a bit further into the future on how all of this will play out.

From what I can tell as the metaverse scene continues to grow we will begin adopting the next generation of tech. Valve is the one pushing things the hardest while facebook is doing good stuff they are the least likely to succeed in this space for various reasons. VRChat development is also getting better at a steady pace. I feel as though we are roughly at about the mid 1990s in terms of the state of virtual reality. VRChat is like MySpace. However with that said, the fact that Valve will be pushing a BCI in the near future speeds things up a lot for us to see something new happen.

If a STEAM OS combines with an affordable not crappy headset that acts as basically a console then the metaverse will greatly increase the usage of Linux. You have to remember that metaverse content creation is a new way to look at the internet and socialize. This fundamentally changes how people see things. It also means that it will become like a second internet where people will no longer make use of old concepts like text based social media as a primary means of consumption.

Due to the fact that metaverses have extremely poor implementation in their early states I am starting to see cryptocurrency begin to appear. A public ledger is really good for a reliable way to manage peoples resources without having to depend on the poorly developed platforms. VRChat is not a safe place to keep your money, but if you have an external system in place to trade crypto then it wont mater anymore. The security will be based on blockchain tech. The singularity for this to take place will be when a viable platform such as VRChat allows for us to utilize external databases. The ability to examine a blockchain and effect in game microtransactions WILL cause a huge amount of incentive for content to be built for the metaverse.

People will continue to create and rebuild all things that we have seen and experienced outside of the metaverse inside of the metaverse. Expect to see popular games be recreated in the metaverse with a slightly different paintjob. Expect to see straight rips of games redone in VR as well. Expect to see all new concepts born as this kind of environment is extremely potent for this to happen. All of it will very likely begin to take foothold on STEAMOS. We may very well be looking at the first time in history for Linux to have a killar app where a lot of people who are sucked into the metaverse may not even own a windows pc anymore. If the development tools for the metaverse are good enough we will still have access to everything we want from a windows pc but it will all be within the game. Its a matter of time before the development tools themselves are also part of the game and thus you wont ever need to leave the metaverse even to develop for the metaverse.

- Ad revenue will be huge for this, anyone who can become a "land baron" is likely to profit greatly from being able to put ads on their content.

- Games with a defined protagonist will likely become a rare concept. (At least in the metaverse) 

- The current meta for game design for a metaverse to fully take advantage of the platform will likely involve having some kind of mobile fortress that incentivizes people to stay together to socialize while also still being able to explore an open world. (Spaceship. boat, mobile house, airship)

- Everything will be multiplayer by default. Not just regularly 4 player coop. But basically fully open ended MMO style multiplayer. You have to design everything around the idea that 80 people might randomly show up in an single instance to all play at the same time.

Valve is the most important key player regarding this right now. In the next couple of months its very likely I will be looking to hire people who are interested in helping develop in this space.

Edited by Castle

Meanwhile, my Index box is gathering more dust by the day..

Speaking of VR:

"VRChat closes $80m Series D funding round. Investment will be used to develop "a creator economy where members can earn" and bringing app to more platforms. The free VRChat app has reached millions of users over its lifetime with maximum concurrent users topping 40,000"

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2021-06-25-vrchat-closes-usd80m-series-d-funding-round

Edited by Radu

6 hours ago, Radu said:

Meanwhile, my Index box is gathering more dust by the day..

Speaking of VR:

"VRChat closes $80m Series D funding round. Investment will be used to develop "a creator economy where members can earn" and bringing app to more platforms. The free VRChat app has reached millions of users over its lifetime with maximum concurrent users topping 40,000"

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2021-06-25-vrchat-closes-usd80m-series-d-funding-round

Yep, this is part of why I made the above update. There is a lot of maneuvering right now to get into this space. a lot of people are still not ready for how much this will change everything moving forward. I am currently on the front lines right now. I am convinced this is the main direction VR will be going.