[HP]

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Great demo, definitely a buy :D

(and God I can't wait until we are over the "screen space" phase in rendering tech, the reflections breaking in some hallways totally kill the immersion for me!)

This demo reminded me I haven't played the Evil Within 2 yet. I've finished the first, there was deffo some good moments there, but I also found it pretty lackluster here and there. So I decided to take it for a spin right after playing this demo, it's definitely the same realm of video game, so it's really fun. Plus, plays, looks and feels much better than the first one.

One thing that I didn't necessarily like in RE2 demo, was how weak the handgun feels, there's no punch to it and the sound when it fires feels very toyish, a bit of a shame but oh well! Just a couple more weeks to go, hype!!!

12 minutes ago, dux said:

I've only played Resident Evil 5 so might give this a whirl! Pretty pricey though... £45.

Pick up 7 too dude, you'll like it.

4 hours ago, dux said:

I've only played Resident Evil 5 so might give this a whirl! Pretty pricey though... £45.

Did you like punching that boulder?

10 hours ago, dux said:

Was just watching this yday, this is why they are not calling it a remake, some bits have been changed, the way campaigns work, saves, there are special modes still included…

7 hours ago, Radu said:

Did you like punching that boulder?

I played the whole game through in COOP with my friend and it was a great laugh. The only bit I really remember was in the zombie tribe place where you had to cross a river on a raft and a big crocodile jumps out the water at you.

So I only just started playing the resident evil series in the last year starting with RE1 remake. Looks like I picked the perfect time to start playing these games :)

RE1 to me felt great. Even today. Hardly had any old-game UX issues. I loved it. Gonna try to squeeze in REZero before this comes out. Also playing RE4 remake right now (hopefully playing them out of order isnt a huge deal).

If I'm lucky by the time I finish RE2Remake RE3Remake will be in the works :)

2 hours ago, AlexM said:

So I only just started playing the resident evil series in the last year starting with RE1 remake. Looks like I picked the perfect time to start playing these games :)

RE1 to me felt great. Even today. Hardly had any old-game UX issues. I loved it. Gonna try to squeeze in REZero before this comes out. Also playing RE4 remake right now (hopefully playing them out of order isnt a huge deal).

If I'm lucky by the time I finish RE2Remake RE3Remake will be in the works :)

I was also playing the remake last year, got pretty far along but never finished it. Should totally go back!

I never played the original back in the day, though I played 2 and 3 to death, so it felt awesome to play the remake without knowing anything and figuring the game out by myself. Great game, and the environments are some of the best!

2 hours ago, AlexM said:

Nice! I played the RE1 remake with Chris, and played like half of Jill's campaign before I dropped it. Really amazing game, love how they give you the ability to switch off the tank controls.

And no, it's not important to play them in order at all. I don't even know why they bother labeling them. I think the first 2 were direct sequels, (3 takes places at the same time period as 2, so it's a sequel too) but after that the story kinda went all over the place.

Man, I completely forgot that in RE3 you also get to revisit the Police Station.

tenor.gif

I remember being very annoyed with the devs about the storyline being all messed up when they started the “spin offs”.

But yeah that means you can play in different order, in particular RE4 is really on its own.

So is there a remake as well for RE4? Labelled as such? When was released? I bought RE4 on Steam and is from 2014.

RE4 was released for nearly every console under the sun after the gamecube, even mobile and original wii.
I think they slightly tweaked a few things when they released on PS4, but they never made an actual remake. 

BUT, it seems like, at this point, the best way to experience the game is on PC and with this mod installed: