Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

e-freak

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could make a map to be featured in an operation but I'm just starting now tho  :D

Congratz to everyone who got their map featured, it's really nice to be part of a community where most of all maps and skins come from.

About the maps, I haven't played any of them competitive mostly because they seem like really nice and detailed maps for casual play. I just played some to complete missions on deathmatch and I'm having lots of fun  :)

Hopefully I try some of them competitive soon.

Maybe I'm about to have a hugely humiliating "n00bz0r" moment, but I spotted this in the latest update:

- Suiciding players or players who died naturally (like world damage) can no longer “save” another player.

- “You saved X” won’t show if the player on your team who you saved is an enemy (like if mp_teammates_are_enemies is on, for example).

Since when could you "save" another player and how do you do it?

Maybe I'm about to have a hugely humiliating "n00bz0r" moment, but I spotted this in the latest update:

- Suiciding players or players who died naturally (like world damage) can no longer “save” another player.

- “You saved X” won’t show if the player on your team who you saved is an enemy (like if mp_teammates_are_enemies is on, for example).

Since when could you "save" another player and how do you do it?

Since Op. Breakout came out.  It's like L4D, where if you kill an enemy a teammate didn't notice it will display a message in chat (might just be for both players, not sure)

Im not bashing insertion because I quite like the map but I am pretty sure there is an achievement along the lines of "win a round of insertion competitive"

http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2acfdn/insertion_callouts/citnmsa

I really hate the stubborn rigidity of CS comp, its really such a bummer. I mean is it really going to bring your whole world down if you have to learn new strats and gameplay styles? If your map isnt a straight dust2 copy or slight variance of it, the comp community will almost guaranteed hate it. :(

Oh well really.

Edited by JeanPaul